Author Topic: Fifth Invasion  (Read 433652 times)

Zakilevo

Re: Fifth Invasion
« Reply #495: February 07, 2012, 05:07:01 AM »
Just love reading how Overlord is trying to show how much of a boss he is but he is a coward. He throws his son to a dungeon so he can escape. What a pussy cat  8)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #496: February 07, 2012, 10:14:54 AM »
I'm quite enjoying Overlord, but I'm a bit unhappy with the reactions he's getting from some. I mean, someone mocking him in a childish way for not accepting a duel? As the judge, I would have fined that noble for such a display of non-noble behaviour, and in front of the enemy no less!

It feels kind of sorry that too few people really roleplay their interactions. I mean, here you have 3-4 m tall, winged daemonic creatures - and you act like a five-year old in a kindergarden playground. I'd have expected more heroism, people walking head high into certain death for the glory of their king - stuff like that.

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #497: February 07, 2012, 11:00:17 AM »
Haha. Well, killing anyone foolish enough to challenge Overlord to a duel would also discourage that sort of thing. People did similar stuff in the previous invasions from what I recall.

Not sure if anyone read them, but I have been trying to roleplay my character's combats with the daimons. The various daimon troopleaders seem like the silent types though.

As for improving the invasion, I'd enjoy having more information on the daimons. For example, what do the Daimon priests look like? or Overlord or the various troopleaders? Would be nice to have something more for the wiki at least.

PS: Did 1st Son just use magic to heal Darkest Hour of the North?

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #498: February 07, 2012, 12:21:11 PM »
Haha. Well, killing anyone foolish enough to challenge Overlord to a duel would also discourage that sort of thing. People did similar stuff in the previous invasions from what I recall.

Yes, but that is exactly what I do not want to do. It would be 3 seconds before these same people would vomit all over the forum whining that their character was killed in an unfair death duel...

Not sure if anyone read them, but I have been trying to roleplay my character's combats with the daimons. The various daimon troopleaders seem like the silent types though.

They are. Intentionally.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #499: February 07, 2012, 02:34:04 PM »
They are. Intentionally.

No reason you can't RP with them though, describing what they look like and what they are doing in response to someone else's RP.

I'll keep your comments in mind though. Perhaps I will be inspired to write some sort of disgustingly noble RP about heroism and duty  the next time Evander is in the line of fire 8)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #500: February 07, 2012, 02:55:30 PM »
I'm quite enjoying Overlord, but I'm a bit unhappy with the reactions he's getting from some. I mean, someone mocking him in a childish way for not accepting a duel? As the judge, I would have fined that noble for such a display of non-noble behaviour, and in front of the enemy no less!

It feels kind of sorry that too few people really roleplay their interactions. I mean, here you have 3-4 m tall, winged daemonic creatures - and you act like a five-year old in a kindergarden playground. I'd have expected more heroism, people walking head high into certain death for the glory of their king - stuff like that.

I dunno, that sounds like pretty much how a lot of people play their characters all the time.

This includes some rulers, longtime players, and self-proclaimed gurus of roleplay.

It can be quite depressing and off-putting at times.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #501: February 07, 2012, 08:48:54 PM »
No reason you can't RP with them though, describing what they look like and what they are doing in response to someone else's RP.

I did that in the beginning, but the few reactions I received were simply not worth the continued investment of time.

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #502: February 07, 2012, 09:20:28 PM »
I'm sure the taunts are just false bravado, and everyone breathes a sigh of relief when their duel challenge goes unanswered. I admit I'm guilty of throwing out some challenges early on (To wound, not to death- not that stupid), but I'm still sort of a noob and assumed the leader-types were mostly humanoid, since "his" sons seem to be normal humans. Done a little more research since then and realized it looks kinda stupid, so I apologize.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Chaotrance13

« Reply #503: February 07, 2012, 09:25:12 PM »
I did that in the beginning, but the few reactions I received were simply not worth the continued investment of time.

Might need the right kind of person. I mean after the recent battle against the daimons in Marpii, Malos yelled that the daimons were "Light-forsaken abominations" and he wished for the Divine to purge them. If I suddenly got a message from Darkest Hour of the North saying that such belief was in a false god, he'd engage in something no doubt. Nothing like trying to insult a former preacher about his faith?

Naidraug

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #504: February 07, 2012, 09:27:30 PM »
And now that Darkest hour was wounded, Overlord will come for Nothoi...

This will be fun!
Stryfe Family: Tristan - Heorot/ Scherzer - Nothoi / Finan - Caelum / Arya - Farronite Republic

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #505: February 07, 2012, 09:48:29 PM »
Overlord is going for Nothoi? And here I am trying to get a scout report of Fengen :P Let's hope he does. You people in the North are having it way too easy. We Southerners can use a diversion!

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #506: February 07, 2012, 11:58:35 PM »
As for improving the invasion, I'd enjoy having more information on the daimons. For example, what do the Daimon priests look like?

Human-like, I think. If I remember correctly. That's one of the first things I asked First Son when I met him. I might have it saved up somewhere.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #507: February 08, 2012, 12:00:05 AM »

That you don't get a reply doesn't mean that it wasn't appreciated. These RPs hopefully get shared with others, which helps build up an ambiance. Hopefully more prone to get shared than Overlord's taunts.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Calanar

• Knight
  • Harbinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #508: February 08, 2012, 12:08:32 AM »
I remember Soren was in the heart of the Daimon invasion and destruction of Heen in 4th invasion. He's also a bit touched in the head at this point. I don't think the Daimons scare him so much anymore. I'd love to keep RPing some stuff with the Daimons, but 1st Son just sort of laughed at him last time (not that I blame him).

Though really, despite the hints Tom says we know, I don't think anyone realizes that they're hints because no one has put anything together thus far...
"The first requisite for success is to develop the ability to focus and apply your mental and physical energies to the problem at hand [...]" - Thomas Edison

Zakilevo

« Reply #509: February 08, 2012, 12:13:35 AM »
Overlord is going for Nothoi? And here I am trying to get a scout report of Fengen :P Let's hope he does. You people in the North are having it way too easy. We Southerners can use a diversion!

Cannot agree more. Northerners need to learn the same degree of devastation Southerns are dealing with every day.