Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Fifth Invasion

Started by Lefanis, December 02, 2011, 02:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psyche

Hvrek actually isn't collaborating with the Daimons; however, it doesn't mean he doesn't have contact with them.  Hvrek's more about personal gain and preserving it.  If he can do well on his own, he'll keep it that way.  If things get complicated, then you never know...

As much as everyone hates Hvrek though, he has one thing going for him-  the Order of Alluran.  Though Enweil has allowed daimon worship, the Order is the most prevalent faith in the south, unblighted regions at least.  Since the Order still views daimons as evil, it holds back a lot of their spreading.  This gives Hvrek a potentially very valuable bargaining chip to play if the Daimons want to spread the faith. 
The great thing is that Riombarans supported his tactics of just preaching and building shrines like hell in Enweil because when they arrested the priests it caused disorder in their realm.  With the large followings in and around Enweil, even their capitulation to Daimon Worship isn't as valuable or easy as you'd expect, though not to undermine it entirely.

Geronus

Quote from: Psyche on March 01, 2012, 03:56:06 AM
Hvrek actually isn't collaborating with the Daimons; however, it doesn't mean he doesn't have contact with them.  Hvrek's more about personal gain and preserving it.  If he can do well on his own, he'll keep it that way.  If things get complicated, then you never know...

As much as everyone hates Hvrek though, he has one thing going for him-  the Order of Alluran.  Though Enweil has allowed daimon worship, the Order is the most prevalent faith in the south, unblighted regions at least.  Since the Order still views daimons as evil, it holds back a lot of their spreading.  This gives Hvrek a potentially very valuable bargaining chip to play if the Daimons want to spread the faith. 
The great thing is that Riombarans supported his tactics of just preaching and building shrines like hell in Enweil because when they arrested the priests it caused disorder in their realm.  With the large followings in and around Enweil, even their capitulation to Daimon Worship isn't as valuable or easy as you'd expect, though not to undermine it entirely.

We can't support or refuse to support that which we don't know about. You never shared Guillaume's objections with anyone in Riombara, and I doubt any of us realized the extent of what your priests have been doing, at least not IC.

fodder

Quote from: Chénier on March 01, 2012, 02:54:31 AM
Nothing is worse than getting beaten by Riombara.

And since Riombara was starting to annex Enweil's old lands, well... The means tend to justify the ends.

funny thing is... the only "old land" taken so to speak is Yncaalo. which was recently taken from daimons after enweilos was blighted. the rest were taken pre-invasion. (droxago, lopa)

so.. as usual... more propaganda to justify chenier daimon links.
firefox

Chenier

Quote from: De-Legro on March 01, 2012, 03:01:55 AM
And if you find that the Priest are able to quickly convert the regions to Daimon Worship, and it turns out that is just another way to spread the blight, resulting in the blight spreading to not only the city you just reclaimed, but all the other regions as well will the end justify the means, particularly if all that happens before anyone is able to defeat Rio?

Then I'll have satisfaction in the fact that, surrounded by the blight, Rio has no chance.

I'd rather die to the daimons and fuel them in their rampage. BT deserves nothing better at this point.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

fodder

i'm sort of think refounding the religion i abandoned.. except i don't really fancy dealing with theology
firefox

Chenier

Quote from: fodder on March 01, 2012, 02:14:47 PM
i'm sort of think refounding the religion i abandoned.. except i don't really fancy dealing with theology

Like 90% of existing religions.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

fodder

hmm... daimons are TOing melegra which hasn't got any neighbouring daimon region?

or did i miss something about daimon TOs before? XD
firefox

Indirik

All NPC factions have always been able to run TOs without needing adjacent regions.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Geronus

Looks like they're trying to blight Fwuvoghor  :'(

Fortunately, we're on to them.

Chenier

Quote from: Geronus on March 02, 2012, 11:24:40 PM
Looks like they're trying to blight Fwuvoghor  :'(

Fortunately, we're on to them.

So you'll let them do it? :P

Vellos

Can somebody post a map of Beluaterra or something? With the political maps gone on testing, there's no way for the rest of us to spectate.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Chenier

Quote from: Vellos on March 03, 2012, 05:21:59 PM
Can somebody post a map of Beluaterra or something? With the political maps gone on testing, there's no way for the rest of us to spectate.

Flags aren't fixed onto the map, either...

That old map did serve a purpose. Any chance of having all three maps available?

Lorgan

Geronus

Definitely not; a third of the South is gone right now; not much in the way of changes in the North however.

Tom

Please write a feature request on the bugtracker to have the dynamic map available for other game-worlds, with no requirement to be logged in.

It can be coded, but it's a little bit of additional work. And some layers (diplomacy, etc.) make no sense without login.