Author Topic: Fifth Invasion  (Read 433657 times)

Iltaran

• Noble Lord
  • What Gate?
    • View Profile
Re: Fifth Invasion
« Reply #1065: March 27, 2012, 02:43:27 PM »
I'd give a months income for a veteran adventurer right now. So far all the existing ones seem to be ignoring my efforts to command, bribe or threaten them. There's been some mention of books of banishing and scrolls and portal stones, but I want details! Have they been tried, or can they just not get them, or are the adventurers blissfully unaware of the impending apocolypse or what?

On another note, if we do lose, I hope there's some opportunity for characters to go down fighting. Askarn certainly isn't leaving Beluaterra.
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus

Chaotrance13

« Reply #1066: March 27, 2012, 03:07:13 PM »
I'd give a months income for a veteran adventurer right now. So far all the existing ones seem to be ignoring my efforts to command, bribe or threaten them. There's been some mention of books of banishing and scrolls and portal stones, but I want details! Have they been tried, or can they just not get them, or are the adventurers blissfully unaware of the impending apocolypse or what?

On another note, if we do lose, I hope there's some opportunity for characters to go down fighting. Askarn certainly isn't leaving Beluaterra.

Nor is Malos. Possibly because he emigrated from EC to join the war in the name of the Church. If he died, he'd probably be recognised in some way back home. As would all of the Church's BT branch, in fact.

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067: March 27, 2012, 03:33:52 PM »
I'd give a months income for a veteran adventurer right now.

It's not that exciting. Believe me.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068: March 27, 2012, 06:00:51 PM »
It's not that exciting. Believe me.

Less talking, more scroll-hunting!

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069: March 27, 2012, 06:23:09 PM »

My advy had put together three books. Got five scrolls and was told the netherworld- BT link was weakened. Then my advy hunted around for more, and got two. Never found the third despite months of search and pleading with nobles and freemen alike. He must have toured the north a dozen times messaging all nearby advies to start the search for the books. Yesterday, I got bored of it and ennobled him after giving the books to another advy.

The last straw was when I wasted an entire week searching for items using the balanced approach, and didn't pick up a single item.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 06:27:25 PM by Lefanis »
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070: March 27, 2012, 06:25:20 PM »
Riombara has two books and we're doing all we can to find the third one.  8)
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)

Turner

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071: March 28, 2012, 01:23:47 AM »
Less talking, more scroll-hunting!

Couldnt agree with you more!

We need those scrolls and books  8)
Michael (BT) - Marcus (BT) - Antonious (EC) - Claudius (EC)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072: March 28, 2012, 01:31:00 AM »
Couldnt agree with you more!

We need those scrolls and books  8)

Actually, I want more talking! To the peasants! Gotta convert them all to The Way!
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073: March 28, 2012, 01:32:55 AM »
Actually, I want more talking! To the peasants! Gotta convert them all to The Way!

And get beaten up in the process... ::)
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074: March 28, 2012, 01:35:08 AM »
And get beaten up in the process... ::)

Indeed... If Guillaume doesn't reply in the coming days, you know why...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #1075: March 28, 2012, 01:48:14 AM »
Real men are priests.  Look at our scars.  Not like those pansy warriors with their heavy armor!

Iltaran

• Noble Lord
  • What Gate?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076: March 28, 2012, 04:18:47 AM »
Ahhh, the wonders of being the dominant religion in your area...
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077: March 30, 2012, 12:40:06 AM »
So there's a bunch of flaming vortices that appeared in the blight now...

It's starting to feel more and more like we'll have a diabolus ex machina this time around... or does anyone know how the hell to stop Overlord from doing his mumbojumbo? Obviously, defeating him over and over again doesn't help...

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078: March 30, 2012, 12:50:08 AM »

It's the end of the world. Best to just give up and let the daimons win :)
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

Chaotrance13

« Reply #1079: March 30, 2012, 02:02:49 AM »

It's starting to feel more and more like we'll have a diabolus ex machina this time around... or does anyone know how the hell to stop Overlord from doing his mumbojumbo? Obviously, defeating him over and over again doesn't help...

What? Where? I saw no continent-wide message about this...