Author Topic: Fifth Invasion  (Read 437746 times)

Thunthorn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Fifth Invasion
« Reply #1095: March 30, 2012, 11:24:28 PM »
It's on the dynamic map. Zoom out and see.

I don't think they're a sign of the apocalypse; I think they're points that Overlord and his TLs can teleport to and from. Maybe they were supposed to be there the whole time but Tom was busy with the million other things he's working on and only recently put 'em up, hence no continent-wide message.

Overlord and his son teleported from Bisana to Xhaghus so I don't think this is the case. They may be places they can fasttravel with their troops within the blight though. More likely they succeeded with whatever ritual they were performing and can bring in new and more terrible Daimons to eat do battle against.

Makes me wander what we could have done differently. Melhed has been on five distinct campaigns against the daimons and only been on the losing side of a single battle. We feel that we are winning, still the world keeps getting bleaker...
EC: Ilias, Taelmoth (Sirion)
Beluaterra: Ivagil (Melhed), Thoron (Adventurer, Fronen)
Atamara: Haniel (Adventurer, Coria)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096: March 30, 2012, 11:26:28 PM »
We feel that we are winning, still the world keeps getting bleaker...

Indeed...

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097: March 30, 2012, 11:32:18 PM »
I'd say come to Riombara. But I don't see how you could cross the blight :P

Get arrested as a rogue, get released. You then get to chose your new realm, and get TPed to that realm (if you don't have a unit).

Only way of getting across that I know of. Now, if you intentionally get yourself banned in order to do this, then that's probably abusing. But for this, I'd tend to think it's normal game mechanics working as they always do.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098: March 31, 2012, 01:47:27 AM »
Ah, but Thalmarkin is allied with OG, you'd probably turn Malos over to them and then that's bye-bye him! ;)

Allied with but not beholden to. Important distinction.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Chaotrance13

« Reply #1099: March 31, 2012, 02:32:50 AM »
Allied with but not beholden to. Important distinction.

True enough, but still a potential risk. You never know.

Iltaran

• Noble Lord
  • What Gate?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100: March 31, 2012, 04:51:12 AM »
Emigrate to AT. Sit around sending your taxes to your family for two weeks. Emigrate to BT and select Riombara. Problem solved.
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #1101: March 31, 2012, 10:54:42 AM »
Only way of getting across that I know of.

There is at least one way that is completely IC - but rare. A magic scroll of teleportation. Good luck finding one, but I know a few are around.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102: March 31, 2012, 02:07:19 PM »
There is at least one way that is completely IC - but rare. A magic scroll of teleportation. Good luck finding one, but I know a few are around.

Wonder if those scrolls can teleport you to the fire regions where you could sacrifice yourself/unique items/portal stones and shut it down somehow ;D
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103: March 31, 2012, 03:06:46 PM »

I wonder if I can find 2 in the south, to go to Fronen and back...

Now that would be awesome. XD
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104: April 01, 2012, 02:39:24 AM »
Welp, it appears that the incompetence of the Beluaterran nobility has literally doomed all other islands.  ;D

Thanks guys. ;)
------
qui audet vincit

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105: April 01, 2012, 05:14:37 AM »
It's all your fault for not sending us reinforcements, fool. Didn't you get Laszlo's message to all the rulers of Atamara?  ;)

Iltaran

• Noble Lord
  • What Gate?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106: April 01, 2012, 05:42:25 AM »
Welp, it appears that the incompetence of the Beluaterran nobility has literally doomed all other islands.  ;D

Thanks guys. ;)

Incompetence?!?! We've been so successful in fighting the Daimons that Overlord is going to flee Beluaterra and attack the other, wimpier continents!
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107: April 01, 2012, 07:22:16 AM »
Incompetence?!?! We've been so successful in fighting the Daimons that Overlord is going to flee Beluaterra and attack the other, wimpier continents!

+1 for truths.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108: April 01, 2012, 07:41:20 AM »
Sadly, Overlord had to change his plans, and decided to invade the rest of the continents, as there weren't the necessary souls to craft his prized soulforge knickers on Beluaterra.

Perhaps Atamara shall be more to his fancy  ::)
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109: April 02, 2012, 03:44:09 PM »
Letter from Overlord   (3 hours, 48 minutes ago)
Message sent to the human rulers of Beluaterra (9 recipients)
The time has come to crush you into the dirt where you belong. You did well against the flesheaters, not many of the races I have conquered stood and fought at all, and fewer still managed to score victories.

But all of your efforts have only provided us with the souls we needed to unleash the true horrors of the Netherworld upon you. Clad in the shades of your former friends and comrades, wielding swords of night and terror, they know no fear nor mercy. Everything else was fun and games compared to these soldiers of mine. I am very glad to be able to lead them into battle once more. It has been too long.

Enjoy, for it is the last thing you will do. Many worlds have fallen before them, and yours will merely be the latest addition to the collection.

Overlord

I guess we're not that pathetic and weak any more. Once we're Netherworld Slaves, we can boast at how awesome we are to the other more pathetic and weak slaves!