Author Topic: Fifth Invasion  (Read 433631 times)

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Fifth Invasion
« Reply #1230: April 07, 2012, 11:33:43 AM »
Strange, black clouds hang over the region, blocking out the sun for much of the day.

*tries to blow the clouds away from Grehk* Shoo! Shoo!

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231: April 07, 2012, 11:56:48 AM »
Strange, black clouds hang over the region, blocking out the sun for much of the day.

*tries to blow the clouds away from Grehk* Shoo! Shoo!

See if you can blow some of the daimons away too. ;)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232: April 07, 2012, 02:18:54 PM »
You still didn't read it properly. Look, if it means "because of a recent battle", wouldn't it say so? It does mean war or unrest. In this case, I'm pretty sure the daily looting I put in keeps the capital as not peaceful. However, I just realize thanks to this discussion that a realm under pressure should be able to move its capital even under these conditions, but at a penalty. I will add that.

There's now an SQL error on the Move Capital page, and another after you click the link. I opened a bugtracker ticket for you.

http://bugs.battlemaster.org/view.php?id=6733

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #1233: April 07, 2012, 03:28:03 PM »
fixed

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234: April 07, 2012, 03:37:13 PM »
Realm control droping in Firbalt. When it was the capital realm contral would stay at core no matter how bad everything elese was.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235: April 07, 2012, 03:40:37 PM »
Realm control droping in Firbalt. When it was the capital realm contral would stay at core no matter how bad everything elese was.

Yeah... Changing capitals drops stats. A lot. With the changed code, it would be even worse than that. But, small price to pay I guess.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236: April 07, 2012, 03:42:10 PM »
We'll see. I'm actually more than a little worried that we've just shot ourselves in the foot. Part of me suspects that once those TOs succeed, the semi-blight will become *actual* blight.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237: April 07, 2012, 05:25:34 PM »
We'll see. I'm actually more than a little worried that we've just shot ourselves in the foot. Part of me suspects that once those TOs succeed, the semi-blight will become *actual* blight.

And that the drop of stats will allow the daimons to quickly finish a takeover it would have otherwise taken them forever to complete...

Seems like this is pretty much it for BT.

On the other hand, Fheuv'n has finally recovered and rallied the largest army it has had since the invasion, but it still doesn't beat our pre-invasion record of 10k CS mobile. I suspect the fact that the duke lumped a whole ton of militia is mostly responsible for that, though.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 05:27:40 PM by Chénier »
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238: April 07, 2012, 05:28:11 PM »
Nah, I don't buy that. Three of the strongest realms in the North are daimon-free, and once they refit and combine their forces we're going to start taking out the other commanders one by one. It will be hard, and may ultimately be too difficult, but I think we have a real chance.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239: April 07, 2012, 05:30:10 PM »
Nah, I don't buy that. Three of the strongest realms in the North are daimon-free, and once they refit and combine their forces we're going to start taking out the other commanders one by one. It will be hard, and may ultimately be too difficult, but I think we have a real chance.

Once the daimons finish their takeovers of the former capitals, which shouldn't take all that much time now with the stat drop and loss of capital status, they'll likely move on to the new capitals. What will save those?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240: April 07, 2012, 05:34:05 PM »
Um, how about Old Grehk, Thalmarkin  and Melhed together? The horrors are nasty but those three realms can put an awfully big force in the field, plus whatever the other three realms can drum up. Fronen and Sint can now recruit again, though in Fronen at least we have very few RCs to recruit from thanks to the semi-blight. It certainly won't be easy, but it's not impossible.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241: April 07, 2012, 05:50:10 PM »
Um, how about Old Grehk, Thalmarkin  and Melhed together? The horrors are nasty but those three realms can put an awfully big force in the field, plus whatever the other three realms can drum up. Fronen and Sint can now recruit again, though in Fronen at least we have very few RCs to recruit from thanks to the semi-blight. It certainly won't be easy, but it's not impossible.

You can no longer recruit from the semi-blight?
It used to be you could recruit from them, just not set them up directly as militia.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242: April 07, 2012, 06:42:34 PM »
You can no longer recruit from the semi-blight?
It used to be you could recruit from them, just not set them up directly as militia.

Nope:

Units not available because their home regions are not under sufficient realm control or are in the middle of a takeover or there is a special event in their home region:
Xhahgus Raiders (Infantry from Xhahgus), Xhahgus Elite Swords (Infantry from Xhahgus), Homu (Infantry from Dyomoque), Vur Hagin Armoured Crossbowmen (Archers from Vur Hagin), Field Javeliniers (Mixed Infantry from Marpii), Xhahgus Defenders (Mixed Infantry from Xhahgus), Hamera Meguka (Cavalry from Dyomoque), Republic Elite Cavalier (Cavalry from Vur Hagin)

Vur Hagin obviously is under takeover. The rest are regions that are in the semi-blight. Leaves us like four regions we can recruit from. Thank god they are large regions with good-sized recruitment centers.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243: April 07, 2012, 06:44:29 PM »
Heh. I should probably stay away from the bugtracker from now on... :P

(I reported that you couldn't recruit militia from those regions, now you can't recruit any troops from them :P)

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244: April 07, 2012, 08:53:24 PM »
On the other hand, Fheuv'n has finally recovered and rallied the largest army it has had since the invasion, but it still doesn't beat our pre-invasion record of 10k CS mobile. I suspect the fact that the duke lumped a whole ton of militia is mostly responsible for that, though.

Great, that is roughly what we have in Rio after the beating the Daimons gave us, and we are trying to enlarge it before we counter-strike. So what are you planning to do with it? Face the Daimons alone when they are done with us? Because I suspect it won't be enough...
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).