Author Topic: Fifth Invasion  (Read 433624 times)

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Fifth Invasion
« Reply #1650: May 31, 2012, 08:54:48 PM »
Well, you have to admit Thalmarkin is pretty badass.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651: May 31, 2012, 08:58:34 PM »
But even so, stating all that so blatantly and harshly in a public forum where *none* of these complaints had previously been voiced before... what did you *think* would happen? That everyone in Sint would just trip all over themselves trying to please Thalmarkin?

Well, I wasn't really trying to be diplomatic you know. :P Just trying to shun Sint for what they were doing. If all realms who can are helping, and Sint isn't... well then all it takes is for someone to point it out and the shunning can begin.
Lucky for you, your new general saves the day. :)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652: May 31, 2012, 09:27:05 PM »
Boo!  >:(
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Turner

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653: June 01, 2012, 01:48:22 AM »
Old Grehk doesnt like being caught in the middle of your mud flinging matches you know :P

Sint might be having issues with their ruler/general activeness, but they havent let us down yet. They came to our aid in Ossmat and a couple of other instances I recall. I dont think it was intentional on their part not to help in the defence of the North.

I'd be inclined to put it down to poor communication from the top down. Hopefully they can resolve it and we can get on with kicking Overlords arse :)
Michael (BT) - Marcus (BT) - Antonious (EC) - Claudius (EC)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654: June 01, 2012, 02:34:39 AM »
Well, I wasn't really trying to be diplomatic you know. :P Just trying to shun Sint for what they were doing. If all realms who can are helping, and Sint isn't... well then all it takes is for someone to point it out and the shunning can begin.

I've been shunning Sint since way before it become cool!  8)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655: June 01, 2012, 12:36:06 PM »
I've been shunning Sint since way before it become cool!  8)

No realm that deserves to be shunned more than Enweil atm.

"We will fight the daimons in non-military ways!" That made me laugh out loud. :P

But, I've got my other character for that. :)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656: June 01, 2012, 02:11:35 PM »
No realm that deserves to be shunned more than Enweil atm.

"We will fight the daimons in non-military ways!" That made me laugh out loud. :P

But, I've got my other character for that. :)

Better than "we will not fight the daimons, even in military ways!" or "we'll go attack our neighbors whenever we come to "help" them!".

It's amazing how Guillaume lost everything to the daimons, and Riombarans still think he had some kind of deal going on with them. 'cause it's so cool to lose one's city, duchy, and realm, right? Much more interesting to be lord of a beat-up rural in another realm?

Every time Riombarans set foot in Fheuv'n soils, they committed sabotage. When Fheuv'n troops had sent troops to help Enweil's East, they got ambushed by Riombarans who had just declared war on Enweil.

Can't be much of a surprise that many of us would rather die (or be useless) than join Riombara, when Riombara was one of the main reasons we couldn't do much during most of the invasion.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657: June 01, 2012, 02:27:41 PM »
It's amazing how Guillaume lost everything to the daimons, and Riombarans still think he had some kind of deal going on with them. 'cause it's so cool to lose one's city, duchy, and realm, right? Much more interesting to be lord of a beat-up rural in another realm?

What, you don't think the Daimons are reliable deal-makers, do you?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658: June 01, 2012, 02:35:41 PM »
What, you don't think the Daimons are reliable deal-makers, do you?

Obviously not. I've been dealing with them since they first showed up, that's something that became clear since the third invasion.

Enweil and Fheuv'n, which are pretty much the world to Guillaume, were crushed while Riombara still have two cities and many unblighted regions. I'm not saying there was any kind of favoritism, but one really has to be daft to believe that Guillaume got anything whatsoever from the daimons when he lost everything to them. Heck, they even turned some of his closest allies against him, making them believe lies.

Not to mention that Fheuv'n never attacked a human realm during the invasion, unlike Riombara. A lot of badmouthing, but Guillaume did not want to give the daimons an edge by having humans kill each other. He wanted Enweili hegemony, which just isn't possible if the whole continent is blighted.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659: June 01, 2012, 02:39:00 PM »
Obviously not. I've been dealing with them since they first showed up, that's something that became clear since the third invasion.

Enweil and Fheuv'n, which are pretty much the world to Guillaume, were crushed while Riombara still have two cities and many unblighted regions. I'm not saying there was any kind of favoritism, but one really has to be daft to believe that Guillaume got anything whatsoever from the daimons when he lost everything to them. Heck, they even turned some of his closest allies against him, making them believe lies.

Not to mention that Fheuv'n never attacked a human realm during the invasion, unlike Riombara. A lot of badmouthing, but Guillaume did not want to give the daimons an edge by having humans kill each other. He wanted Enweili hegemony, which just isn't possible if the whole continent is blighted.

*shrug*

I was trying to indicate that that's basically what at least some in Riombara think about your characters and Fheuv'n. "Well, he made a deal with the Daimons, what can he expect when they betray him?" "Serves him right." "Daimon-worshipers can burn." That sort of thing.

I wasn't around for enough of the early part of the invasion—and am still not in a position of enough power—to comment on the higher-level stuff.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660: June 01, 2012, 02:48:01 PM »
*shrug*

I was trying to indicate that that's basically what at least some in Riombara think about your characters and Fheuv'n. "Well, he made a deal with the Daimons, what can he expect when they betray him?" "Serves him right." "Daimon-worshipers can burn." That sort of thing.

I wasn't around for enough of the early part of the invasion—and am still not in a position of enough power—to comment on the higher-level stuff.

Yea, but it's not like it's some kind of favor that turned against him. Fheuv'n *never* got anything favorable. We kept getting bashed by daimon armies every week or two. Whenever our army would finally recuperate, they'd come and plunder us again. Our cities were sieged again and again. As soon as we took Fheuvenem, they blighted Iato.

I'd understand if Fheuv'n started really well off, and then !@#$ happened. But that was not the case, Fheuv'n was struggling a hell of a lot more than Riombara was, and this throughout the invasion.

Ironically, the only time Guillaume wanted the daimons's aid is when Marec betrayed him by believing their lies. But then again, that was just to get revenge against Marec after he believed their lies, betrayed the Creed by which he swore to, and exposed Miroslav to a ban after forcing a lot of people to Riombara against their will. Lots of reasons for Guillaume to be mad with the illegitimate duke that used to be his right-hand man.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661: June 01, 2012, 02:59:28 PM »
Yea, but it's not like it's some kind of favor that turned against him. Fheuv'n *never* got anything favorable.

But Enweil did.

I'd understand if Fheuv'n started really well off, and then !@#$ happened. But that was not the case, Fheuv'n was struggling a hell of a lot more than Riombara was, and this throughout the invasion.

That's not really surprising. Riombara was in a much better position geographically, economically and militarily. And Enweil losing OVerlord's little game (and then not telling anyone about it) also put us in a good strategical position where most of our battles were in foreign lands.
We did pretty well against the daimons, it only started going bad after Hvrek's betrayal and even the threat that emerged from that was fairly well contained, only Fwuvoghor was lost.

Anyway, OOC I've always thought that Overlord was lying to us but IC the feud that has existed for generations may cloud judgement from time to time. ;)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662: June 01, 2012, 03:28:04 PM »
Yea, but it's not like it's some kind of favor that turned against him. Fheuv'n *never* got anything favorable. We kept getting bashed by daimon armies every week or two. Whenever our army would finally recuperate, they'd come and plunder us again. Our cities were sieged again and again. As soon as we took Fheuvenem, they blighted Iato.

Well, my understanding and recollection is that a) you weren't too communicative with Riombara (except for threats and propaganda), and b) Fheuvenem remained yours longer than it was felt was likely if there was no deal. But, as I said, I wasn't involved at the higher levels, and a lot of these impressions came from the forum chatter ;D
Timothy Collett

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663: June 01, 2012, 05:58:15 PM »
Guess who has the Darkest Hour of the West's weapon! 8)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664: June 01, 2012, 06:25:00 PM »
You should start calling yourself "Dawn of the West"
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.