Author Topic: Fifth Invasion  (Read 433647 times)

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
Re: Fifth Invasion
« Reply #1665: June 01, 2012, 07:40:45 PM »
Guess who has the Darkest Hour of the West's weapon! 8)

No way!
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666: June 01, 2012, 07:49:56 PM »
No way!

Yes way! :)

Gonna give it to Rila though, just... at the same time that I build her statue so I need to take a little time to write that. :)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #1667: June 01, 2012, 08:53:21 PM »
Guess who has the Darkest Hour of the West's weapon! 8)

Uh? A unique item? If any of the Daimons except Overlord had any, those were just regular unique items that they found somewhere.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668: June 01, 2012, 09:02:14 PM »
Uh? A unique item? If any of the Daimons except Overlord had any, those were just regular unique items that they found somewhere.

Yeah I know, it just gives +5 prestige and there really isn't anything daimonical about it but still, DHotW once wielded so it's pretty special. :)

Edit: It's called the Black Broadsword btw.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669: June 01, 2012, 11:21:08 PM »
Well, my understanding and recollection is that a) you weren't too communicative with Riombara (except for threats and propaganda), and b) Fheuvenem remained yours longer than it was felt was likely if there was no deal. But, as I said, I wasn't involved at the higher levels, and a lot of these impressions came from the forum chatter ;D

Well, Riombarans kept sending priests and infils against us. And I doubt that their ruler was sharing any of the compromises I was agreeing to, either.

And while it's true that Fheuvenem could have been taken long before, the regular strikes against it meant we never got to do anything thanks to its wealth.

And hey, it took forever for Sint to get any real heat too, especially considering their proximity to Jobo's Mouth. ;)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670: June 02, 2012, 12:28:11 AM »
Better than "we will not fight the daimons, even in military ways!" or "we'll go attack our neighbors whenever we come to "help" them!".

Who attacked IVF? The declaration of war on Enweil was illegally done by the banned traitor ruler. If you can't separate him from Riombara then it is natural that you will have encountered problems.

Well, Riombarans kept sending priests and infils against us. And I doubt that their ruler was sharing any of the compromises I was agreeing to, either.

You mean the traitor ruler who was banned and exiled? The problem is that IVF never collaborated after that. When we got a decent ruler all we received from IVF was a declaration of war, no intelligence reports, little answers and the Daimons attacking our heartland while we had our army sent to help in the distant IVF.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671: June 02, 2012, 01:02:45 AM »
Who attacked IVF? The declaration of war on Enweil was illegally done by the banned traitor ruler. If you can't separate him from Riombara then it is natural that you will have encountered problems.

You mean the traitor ruler who was banned and exiled? The problem is that IVF never collaborated after that. When we got a decent ruler all we received from IVF was a declaration of war, no intelligence reports, little answers and the Daimons attacking our heartland while we had our army sent to help in the distant IVF.

If I remember correctly, that ruler wasn't banned and exiled. He seceded. Big difference. Especially when the reasons for him losing his power was for his alleged dealing with the daimons, not for his actions against Enweil and Fheuv'n. Also, Riombara has a history of sacrificing scapegoats who they tolerated way too long. So no, I don't disassociate the two.

Especially when Riombara didn't do any better afterwards. The priest issues were handled when we took things into our own hands. As for the infiltrator issues, it happed again long after that "traitor" was "banned".

Not to mention that attacking Enweil was something everything was fine with: they could have easily refused to march against Enweil were they opposed to it. You don't get to blame all of that on a single person.

You ain't gonna get any sympathy for when you came to "help" and the daimons attacked you. 1) You were constantly told NOT to come, that we would rather die than allow you in our lands. 2) We didn't have any scout reports to share to begin with. 3) We DID tell you that the daimons had moved away, into the blight North. 4) Riombaran infils did sabotage against us in this campaign to "help" us you speak of. As soon as you stepped into our lands.

The most Fheuv'n did against Rio during the invasion, on the other hand, was say harsh words and go loot a temple of two (of the faith led by that traitor of yours, because the faith kept attacking us, so you shouldn't care about this).

And somehow, we are the bad guys.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672: June 02, 2012, 02:14:30 AM »
If I remember correctly, that ruler wasn't banned and exiled. He seceded. Big difference.

He appointed himself to the Duchy right after the intention of rebelling (and thus providing a ban to the otherwise royal) became public. He was found guilty and condemned for all purposes but game mechanics. The secession was a consequence, not a cause.

Especially when the reasons for him losing his power was for his alleged dealing with the daimons, not for his actions against Enweil and Fheuv'n.

Not sure where did you get that, but it is not true. Several were his crimes, illegal declaration of war among them.

Also, Riombara has a history of sacrificing scapegoats who they tolerated way too long. So no, I don't disassociate the two.

As soon as what happened was made public he was trialed. Can't speak for the past, have not been there.

Especially when Riombara didn't do any better afterwards. The priest issues were handled when we took things into our own hands. As for the infiltrator issues, it happed again long after that "traitor" was "banned".

My character is the Judge, and I have no idea of what such issues might have been. Currently in Overlord's prison, though.

Not to mention that attacking Enweil was something everything was fine with: they could have easily refused to march against Enweil were they opposed to it. You don't get to blame all of that on a single person.

Which attack on Enweil? We only went there to burn Daimon Worship temples with their consent.

You ain't gonna get any sympathy for when you came to "help" and the daimons attacked you. 1) You were constantly told NOT to come, that we would rather die than allow you in our lands. 2) We didn't have any scout reports to share to begin with. 3) We DID tell you that the daimons had moved away, into the blight North. 4) Riombaran infils did sabotage against us in this campaign to "help" us you speak of. As soon as you stepped into our lands.

Never heard about any Riombaran infiltrator sabotaging IVF, but we were only told where the Daimons were heading too late, and that was a very suspicious episode.

The most Fheuv'n did against Rio during the invasion, on the other hand, was say harsh words and go loot a temple of two (of the faith led by that traitor of yours, because the faith kept attacking us, so you shouldn't care about this).

And somehow, we are the bad guys.

Noone in Rio cares about those temples, it is the lack of cooperation against the invasion and the dealings with the Daimons that convict IVF.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673: June 02, 2012, 02:39:54 AM »
The attack Enweil was not authorized by Enweil. You went and smashed up their army for no good reason. Or rather, for selfish reasons, because you wanted to takeover Lopa for yourselves. Was the declaration of war from the previous ruler illegal? Who cares. Your whole army followed that command. Everyone could have decided "No, I am not attacking a human realm during an invasion". You didn't.

Never heard of infiltrators working against Fheuv'n? What, do you think your rulers are actually honest with you? The very moment your army entered our land, one of your infiltrators was seen doing sabotage. And don't think we didn't denounce it.

Rio's accusation are ridiculous.

Lack of cooperation?
Riombara was the one who used religion to harm Fheuv'n and Enweil for as long as it could.
Riombara was the one who sent her army to attack Enweil.
Riombara was the one who kept sending infiltrators against us.
Riombara was the one who kept disrespecting our request to stay out of our lands.

Dealings with the daimons?
Fheuv'n was the one who kept getting brutalized by daimon armies.
Fheuv'n was the one who saw their lands get blighted every week or so.
Fheuv'n was the one whose capitals were being sacked on a bi-weekly basis.
Fheuv'n was the one who got completely wiped off by the daimons.

What was supicious was that I told Riombara we had daimons attacking us. They didn't believe us, so I told them to screw themselves. Then they send a spy in our lands to see if what we said was true, but the spy arrives shortly after the daimons start moving North. We tell them that the daimons moved north, to go screw themselves, and to not enter our lands. They ignore us, and send their army towards Fheuvenem despite both their scout and myself telling them there are no more daimons in my lands. They arrive in our lands, and immediately start sabotage actions. I tell them the daimons are gone, and to go screw themselves (as I rally our battered armies to prepare Fheuvenem for a siege by Riombara). Riombara ignores our requests, say they will continue forward. Next thing you know, daimons are attacking them, and they are blaming us for it.

Honestly, I still suspect the reason you were there to begin with was to siege Fheuvenem to shut up Guillaume once and for all. Guillaume told Riombara numerous times that he didn't want their help, and that the daimons were leaving his lands for the Northern blight. Riombarans decided to ignore him and keep marching towards us. Had you listened, your army would have been at home, ready to fend off the daimons.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674: June 02, 2012, 04:29:32 AM »
* Indirik thinks we need a Rio/Enweil debate thread so that this endless argument stops taking over every thread on the forum
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Iltaran

• Noble Lord
  • What Gate?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675: June 02, 2012, 05:29:34 AM »
* Indirik thinks we need a Rio/Enweil debate thread so that this endless argument stops taking over every thread on the forum

As a discussion about Beluaterra lengthens, the odds of the Rio/Enweil debate occuring approaches one.
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676: June 02, 2012, 05:31:55 AM »

Don't we *already* have one?

This isn't Enweil, though, it's Fheuv'n! :D

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677: June 02, 2012, 06:21:42 AM »
Don't we *already* have one?

This isn't Enweil, though, it's Fheuv'n! :D

Chenier vs. Riombara then? I'd say Chenier vs. Anaris, but Anaris hasn't been very involved with Riombara for a long time now, yet you're still carrying that torch.

Either way I sometimes wonder whether you really believe these things you say on the forum. Hvrek never told anyone what he was up to. The priests that made trouble for Enweil were all his multi-account characters. We didn't even know what he was doing for the most part, at least not IC. Once we started to catch on his position deteriorated rapidly, which triggered his secession.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678: June 02, 2012, 06:50:26 AM »
The attack Enweil was not authorized by Enweil. You went and smashed up their army for no good reason. Or rather, for selfish reasons, because you wanted to takeover Lopa for yourselves. Was the declaration of war from the previous ruler illegal? Who cares. Your whole army followed that command. Everyone could have decided "No, I am not attacking a human realm during an invasion". You didn't.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679: June 02, 2012, 09:44:39 AM »
Yeah I know, it just gives +5 prestige and there really isn't anything daimonical about it but still, DHotW once wielded so it's pretty special. :)

Edit: It's called the Black Broadsword btw.

It is quite cool to know that the next battle Rila goes in to she we be wielding the weapon that the Daimon she slayed was using in that battle. :) Sure, the item itself is nothing super special, but fact is Darkest Hour of the West was seen using it in many battles, she killed him, and now will be using that weapon. Is great for RP!
WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...