Author Topic: Feature Cut: Mentors  (Read 25045 times)

Gustav Kuriga

Re: Feature Cut: Mentors
« Topic Start: February 07, 2012, 12:53:48 PM »
Interesting point. While on the one hand it would be good to have it realm independent to increase the chances newcomers get a proper training, on the other I believe the mentor/student interaction is among the strongest in the game, and would be thus good to keep it privy to the realm the student starts. This means a good mentor the students feel attached to may rely on his students for his own agenda, and that happened to me directly some times. I don't really have an opinion on it, just throwing my feedback in the pot for the moment.

*Raises hand* Learned most of my stuff from Bustoarsenzio.

Anyways, I would prefer that mentor be something done on a player basis, not a character one. So make an option for the player to receive messages about new players joining, with another option asking if they wish to mentor this new player. It would be independent of continents, with a specific messaging option allowing said person to mentor the other, player to player, regardless of which character they are playing as.

The reason I suggest it be this way is that small realms, such as those of about 12-16 nobles, might not have anybody willing to put the time into mentoring someone, while in a large realm like Sirion or Arcaea, the new player might get lost among the masses. Honestly, I'm not to picky on the particulars, this was just my suggestion, but I would definitely prefer it be done on a player to player basis rather than by one character to another.