Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Food

Started by dustole, May 07, 2012, 08:15:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foundation

Quote from: Geronus on May 11, 2012, 05:43:37 AM
Only if those have remained static throughout all the changes. Same with weather modifiers. My point is, I think it is somewhat of an exercise in pointlessness to try to extrapolate anything right now since Tom has already stated that he'll be making adjustments if they're needed. New baselines need to be set and production monitored to get a real picture of the relationship between a region's listed food production value from the region page, weather, season, and actual daily food production. Such statistics will be rendered obsolete every time Tom changes anything, and could even skew our data if Tom doesn't inform us every time he makes an adjustment (and why should he have to?). I think it will be best to let finish Tom doing his thing before we take stock and make any judgments.

I agree with waiting, but specifically, Tom doesn't make broad changes to various modifiers without informing players, namely the weather and season modifiers in this case.   Please continue to provide good data and insight. :)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Sacha

Quote from: Charles on May 16, 2012, 08:08:54 PM
I personally am not concerned about starving.  As has been pointed out, the dev team is not going to make all realms on the continent starve.

And if they do, it's a fair chance to everyone anyway :p

Galvez

Quote from: Charles on May 16, 2012, 08:08:54 PM
I personally am not concerned about starving.  As has been pointed out, the dev team is not going to make all realms on the continent starve.
Barca is just weeks from starvation. Hopefully I can get some food before then.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Geronus

Quote from: Galvez on May 22, 2012, 08:28:15 AM
Barca is just weeks from starvation. Hopefully I can get some food before then.

Why don't you try taking your regions back from Aurvandil?  ;)

egamma

Quote from: Geronus on May 22, 2012, 06:36:15 PM
Why don't you try taking your regions back from Aurvandil?  ;)

Have you seen what they did to Madina? And now they have twice as many regions.

Indirik

Oh come one, you're The Moot! Stretch your might! If you let them walk all over you, then you might as well just give up.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Vellos

Quote from: Indirik on May 22, 2012, 08:01:44 PM
Oh come one, you're The Moot! Stretch your might! If you let them walk all over you, then you might as well just give up.

heh.

If the Moot and Luria together attacked Aurvandil, I think we could do it. But such cooperation is a bit beyond us at present. And we kind of have a war with Kabrinskia. Which is kind of a big deal, given that Terran has about half of the mobile CS of the Moot.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Sacha

Yes, well, when your buddies try to stick Aurvandil on us, don't come crying if Luria won't help you beat them :p

Gustav Kuriga

Hey, you declared war on us, not the other way around...

Geronus

Quote from: Vellos on May 22, 2012, 08:31:34 PM
heh.

If the Moot and Luria together attacked Aurvandil, I think we could do it. But such cooperation is a bit beyond us at present. And we kind of have a war with Kabrinskia. Which is kind of a big deal, given that Terran has about half of the mobile CS of the Moot.

Honestly, I'd be impressed if you beat them even then.

Penchant

Quote from: Gustav Kuriga on May 22, 2012, 09:17:03 PM
Hey, you declared war on us, not the other way around...
They may have declared it but they didn't start it. You don't seriously think that Kabrinskia didn't instigate this war.
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
― G.K. Chesterton

Gustav Kuriga

If you can call traders and priests moving about instigating... it probably was in the loosest sense of the word.

Penchant

Quote from: Gustav Kuriga on May 22, 2012, 10:53:38 PM
If you can call traders and priests moving about instigating... it probably was in the loosest sense of the word.
If I recall correctly I believe there was letter forwarded to me that was from  Allison oringinally and it had her telling Terran to declare war but the message is obviously gone by now.
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
― G.K. Chesterton

JPierreD

Quote from: Gustav Kuriga on May 22, 2012, 10:53:38 PM

This has already been discussed. Even dustole agrees he was asking for it.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Vellos

Quote from: Geronus on May 22, 2012, 09:30:38 PM
Honestly, I'd be impressed if you beat them even then.

Aurvandil's strength was not impeccable strategy, but impeccable efficiency, and reasonably good strategy. Plus, they were fighting a one-front war that was nothing but a slugging contest across the straights. Indeed, to my knowledge, the Saxons have never fought a two-front war except in Averoth, and they were pushed back to their citadel with relative haste. It took a lot to break them there, sure.

I agree we would have a very hard time killing them off, even with an 8 realm Luria-Moot alliance. We might lose. But the dynamic would be quite unlike what's been seen with the Saxons in other wars.

And... I doubt they'd field remotely proportional CS. If they rose to high relative CS, they could double their CS to the 60k range; presumably that would also require a near-doubling of income. Maybe that's in the cards, I don't know how productive Madina can be. But I doubt we'd see 20k CS from 2k gold, or a ratio remotely like that.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner