Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Food

Started by dustole, May 07, 2012, 08:15:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indirik

That kind of CS/gold only scales if you scale the nobles, too. You can keep the number of troops proportional, but not the CS. Although, with the number of nobles they have, equipping them all with 100-man infantry units would be *nasty*!
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Geronus

Quote from: Indirik on May 23, 2012, 02:33:03 AM
That kind of CS/gold only scales if you scale the nobles, too. You can keep the number of troops proportional, but not the CS. Although, with the number of nobles they have, equipping them all with 100-man infantry units would be *nasty*!

All I'm saying is that taking them out when they had absolutely squat for resources and were sitting on a bare handful of crappy regions was a real pain in the ass. I can only imagine what it would be like now that they have a fairly extensive and powerful realm under their belt. I'm entertaining visions of 30k CS of troops marching around with perfect precision, making moves that start an hour before the turn change. Good luck with that.

Indirik

Yeah, I agree. That's a tough nut to crack. Brings back memories of mid-2006 style warfare.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Uzamaki

Quote from: Geronus on May 23, 2012, 03:32:44 AM
All I'm saying is that taking them out when they had absolutely squat for resources and were sitting on a bare handful of crappy regions was a real pain in the ass. I can only imagine what it would be like now that they have a fairly extensive and powerful realm under their belt. I'm entertaining visions of 30k CS of troops marching around with perfect precision, making moves that start an hour before the turn change. Good luck with that.

How is that even possible? I haven't been in Dwilight for a while, so I still need to be filled in on these types of things...

egamma

Quote from: Uzamaki on May 23, 2012, 05:08:13 AM
How is that even possible? I haven't been in Dwilight for a while, so I still need to be filled in on these types of things...

I suggest you read through the Courthouse cases.

Galvez

Quote from: Geronus on May 22, 2012, 06:36:15 PM
Why don't you try taking your regions back from Aurvandil?  ;)
Well, we are busy with that. Although in a diplomatic fashion at the moment.

Quote from: Sacha on May 22, 2012, 08:49:33 PM
Yes, well, when your buddies try to stick Aurvandil on us, don't come crying if Luria won't help you beat them :p
Wouldn't Luria be interested in taking Madina?
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Sacha

If the Moot asks? Probably not :p But that's good, because then the Moot can start another round of self-righteous whimpering about how everybody hates them for no reason xD

Uzamaki

Quote from: egamma on May 23, 2012, 06:40:08 AM
I suggest you read through the Courthouse cases.

Holy crap! Aurvandil has 'Saxons' too?

Edit: Excuse my outburst. Was surprised. Read up, learned new things. All better.  :P

egamma

Quote from: Sacha on May 23, 2012, 02:55:20 PM
If the Moot asks? Probably not :p But that's good, because then the Moot can start another round of self-righteous whimpering about how everybody hates them for no reason xD

Wait, people hate the 'Moot? I thought people just didn't know we existed.

Sacha

Most don't. Just those in key places, who hate you :p

Madigan

Quote from: Galvez on May 23, 2012, 12:41:41 PM
Wouldn't Luria be interested in taking Madina?

No comment  ;D Certainly no nefarious plans at work.
Silverfire: So who married Alice?
Woelfy: She's married to Hendrick Madigan
Silverfire: How much would it cost for someone to assasinate Hendrick Madigan for me

D`Este

Who cares about Madina, D'hara is almost as close and with all those regions solaria takes we can feed it..

Galvez

Quote from: D`Este on May 23, 2012, 09:33:12 PM
Who cares about Madina, D'hara is almost as close and with all those regions solaria takes we can feed it..
A nice bridge back to 'on-topic'.

Foundation

I miss the dedicated Aurvandil wine threads.

Yes, wine.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Galvez

Wine is also consumptive, but what was so great about Aurvandilian wine?