Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Food

Started by dustole, May 07, 2012, 08:15:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fodder

... someone wants to lug gold around risking bandits? brave
firefox

egamma

Quote from: De-Legro on July 31, 2012, 07:19:50 AM
He has said numerous times on the forum that he finds the current max price of 50 gold to be less then he is willing to accept.

But it's 1250 gold...it looks bigger that way!

Also...he probably has 30 bushels rotting every day, that's like 15 gold rotting every day.

Indirik

It has nothing to do with price. At least, not with how much gold he makes in profit. It's a power play. He's not interested in making money, he's interested in making other people pay. And the more they pay, the better.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

vonGenf

15 gold per day to make D'Hara suffer is pretty cheap. There is no way you could achieve that using troops!
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Foundation

The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

egamma

But if D'Hara suffers then who's going to attack Aurvandil? We (and Terran) are the only ones with the balls to do it.

Glaumring the Fox

Ummm you didnt have the balls to stay in a war against Kabrinskia... Why would anyone trust Terran to fight more than two battles against Aurvandiil and then throw D'Hara and or Barca under the wagon?
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Indirik

They stopped the war because Kabrinskia agreed to, essentially, all the terms that Terran set forth before the war started. That's something that I wish more realms in the game were willing to do. (And no, that is not a poke at Asylon.)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Perth

Quote from: Glaumring on July 31, 2012, 08:08:22 PM
Ummm you didnt have the balls to stay in a war against Kabrinskia... Why would anyone trust Terran to fight more than two battles against Aurvandiil and then throw D'Hara and or Barca under the wagon?

Quote from: Indirik on July 31, 2012, 08:16:11 PM
They stopped the war because Kabrinskia agreed to, essentially, all the terms that Terran set forth before the war started.

This. How many times does it have to be said, Glaumring? We didn't quit. We essentially won.

"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Dante Silverfire

Quote from: Perth on July 31, 2012, 08:28:49 PM
This. How many times does it have to be said, Glaumring? We didn't quit. We essentially won.

Essentially? You did win. The war wasn't for territorial gain and you were given your terms. Not to mention you had a bonus with the stepping down of Allison. That's a victory.

"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Vellos

Quote from: Indirik on July 31, 2012, 08:16:11 PM
They stopped the war because Kabrinskia agreed to, essentially, all the terms that Terran set forth before the war started. That's something that I wish more realms in the game were willing to do. (And no, that is not a poke at Asylon.)

Indeed.

Looking back on our war, it's kinda how I wish more BM wars went. Well, minus the Zuma-brokered stagnation at the end. One or two more campaigns across each others' borders woulda been fun; some in Terran were a bit disappointed we didn't get another battle or two, but the outcome wasn't fundamentally different.

If realms set reasonable objectives ("Say you're sorry and give us gold"), limited wars are possible and (shock) fun.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Glaumring the Fox

Limited wars are fun. Its just that if Asylon hadnt turned it into an unlimited war and pulling Kabrinskia shock Kabrinskia would now be in your capital instead of Aurvandiil. Because until Asylon stepped it up, Kabrinskia had no intention for a cute fun war. You can look back on it now and butter it over all you want now but the reality is that Asylon saved your butts.

Secondly, Asylon still survives, and thrives. Look at the Kabrinskian frontier its a wasteland. Their hubris will turn the kingdom into a graveyard. We have started a second kingdom and will soon be bringing our 2nd army into the battle. We have plans for more kingdoms. With so many troops able to be recruited around Asylon the federation of kingdoms will never be cracked.

I have repeatedly sent peace overtures, and offered my own resignation. I am under the assumption that Astrum and Kabrinskia are hell bent blind to kill us no matter the cost.  They will be found to be wrong and damage their kingdoms for years to come.

Asylon will never be beaten by the arrayed armies against it. I guarantee it.

Vellos

Quote from: Glaumring on July 31, 2012, 09:55:01 PM
Limited wars are fun. Its just that if Asylon hadnt turned it into an unlimited war and pulling Kabrinskia shock Kabrinskia would now be in your capital instead of Aurvandiil. Because until Asylon stepped it up, Kabrinskia had no intention for a cute fun war. You can look back on it now and butter it over all you want now but the reality is that Asylon saved your butts.

Secondly, Asylon still survives, and thrives. Look at the Kabrinskian frontier its a wasteland. Their hubris will turn the kingdom into a graveyard. We have started a second kingdom and will soon be bringing our 2nd army into the battle. We have plans for more kingdoms. With so many troops able to be recruited around Asylon the federation of kingdoms will never be cracked.

I have repeatedly sent peace overtures, and offered my own resignation. I am under the assumption that Astrum and Kabrinskia are hell bent blind to kill us no matter the cost.  They will be found to be wrong and damage their kingdoms for years to come.

Asylon will never be beaten by the arrayed armies against it. I guarantee it.

I'll admit, I've been impressed with how Asylon is holding up. Not sure what the secession is about, though; won't that just make your refit times even longer for those nobles?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Glaumring the Fox

The 2nd kingdom was too far away. It took near a week for them to reach the capital. We decided also that Asylon was alone, what a better way to make allies than to seed the area with Asylon friendly kingdoms. New nobles, independent food and recruiting and gold under a federation system will allow Asylon to outpace Astrum and Kabrinskia which rely on long distances to recruit and a centralized power far from the battlefield. Our way shall allow for small kingdoms with the main army of Asylon to slowly inch foward duchy by duchyy until Astrum surrenders. Remember the Mongols? They conquered and then allowed the duchies freedom as long as they paid tribute to the main kingdom. Asylon will create self sufficient kingdoms. If one kingdom is destroyed 20 more shall be behind it fracturing and sprouting new kingdoms in constant explosions. Our idea is to bring to and the huge hulking imperial kingdoms and return Dwilight to a time of small fractured kingdoms involved in a myriad if alliances, religions and cultures. Decentralized and united under one flag... That of freedom. Death to the hive mind theocracies!

egamma

Quote from: Glaumring on July 31, 2012, 08:08:22 PM

I don't play in Terran, I'm the PM of D'Hara. And I have gold to burn fighting Aurvandil, if my regions would stop starving/revolting.