Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Newer Kabrinskia vs. Terran Thread

Started by Vellos, May 10, 2012, 11:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anaris

Quote from: Ehndras on June 07, 2012, 05:19:42 PM
Ship warfare is too much to ask... Sigh...

It is, in fact, the stereotypical example used to indicate that a feature request has gone too far. "Requires ship-to-ship combat" is BM feature requests' "jumped the shark" ;D
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Uzamaki

Quote from: Ehndras on June 07, 2012, 05:19:42 PM
Ship warfare is too much to ask... Sigh...

We can dream. It'd make coastal cities more dangerous yet profitable to hold, and add a new level of dynamics to world economy, politics, and war. Weather conditions could speed or slow entire fleets, and one could either go with a player-per-ship model like current sea/land travel, or go with a tactic I've seen in a few games where ships depart at regular/irregular intervals and you either make it on the ship or you wait for the next one, a-la proper pre-modern times.

*shrug* Oh well.

That WOULD be so cool. But something tells me the coding for that would be a huge undertaking.

Sacha

Mmm... here's to hoping the war explodes into an island-wide conflict >_>

Uzamaki

Quote from: Anaris on June 07, 2012, 05:22:06 PM
It is, in fact, the stereotypical example used to indicate that a feature request has gone too far. "Requires ship-to-ship combat" is BM feature requests' "jumped the shark" ;D

Hmm. What if it was just that every coast city could travel to every other coast city? Could that be done?

Feylonis

Auravandil and Morek are both too far away to be constant players in the war. On top of that, Auravandil either has to go through Barca (by the way, three Barcan lords recently switched allegiance to Auravandil, so I doubt the Barcans would happily allow an Auravandil army through their lands), or D'Hara, which has played a strategic neutrality. Terran is suing for peace; they were never really much of a 'war realm'. Asylon has a huge border to defend - not to mention a border that's poorly defended.

Indirik

It *could* be done, without an extreme amount of effort.

But it won't be done.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Uzamaki

Quote from: Feylonis on June 07, 2012, 05:53:13 PM
Auravandil and Morek are both too far away to be constant players in the war. On top of that, Auravandil either has to go through Barca (by the way, three Barcan lords recently switched allegiance to Auravandil, so I doubt the Barcans would happily allow an Auravandil army through their lands), or D'Hara, which has played a strategic neutrality. Terran is suing for peace; they were never really much of a 'war realm'. Asylon has a huge border to defend - not to mention a border that's poorly defended.

And this is why Asylon is doomed to lose this war. ^^

@Indirik: I thought as much. Oh well. Nice to fantasize about such things.

Geronus

Quote from: Uzamaki on June 07, 2012, 05:35:38 PM
Hmm. What if it was just that every coast city could travel to every other coast city? Could that be done?

You should do one of two things:

1. See if there's already a thread specifically for this in the Development forum (even if there isn't, I am *positive* that this exact idea has been mentioned there somewhere) and comment there.

2. Start a new thread if you can't find an old one.

Uzamaki

Quote from: Geronus on June 07, 2012, 05:56:12 PM
You should do one of two things:

1. See if there's already a thread specifically for this in the Development forum (even if there isn't, I am *positive* that this exact idea has been mentioned there somewhere) and comment there.

2. Start a new thread if you can't find an old one.

Haha, it's okay, I'm done talking about it now. I am very ADD...

So does anyone here think Asylon will be completely destroyed?

Glaumring the Fox

Quote from: Uzamaki on June 07, 2012, 05:54:56 PM
And this is why Asylon is doomed to lose this war. ^^

@Indirik: I thought as much. Oh well. Nice to fantasize about such things.

Yeah they said that about Vietnam...
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Indirik

Quote from: Uzamaki on June 07, 2012, 06:04:29 PM
So does anyone here think Asylon will be completely destroyed?
Not unless they pull a Caerwyn.

Glaumring the Fox

Funny how Terran attacking a theocracy and Asylon attacking a theocracy is two different things.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Uzamaki

Quote from: Glaumring on June 07, 2012, 06:18:45 PM
Funny how Terran attacking a theocracy and Asylon attacking a theocracy is two different things.

Terran doesn't practically declare war on the Church. Terran declares war on Kabrinskia.

Indirik

Moderator moment: Insults deleted. Keep it polite, or quit posting.

Uzamaki

Quote from: Glaumring on June 07, 2012, 06:25:25 PM
*deleted*

Yes. Yes you are. But you aren't exactly on the in crowd. And while I agree all the fundamentalist theocracies are out to kill all other realms, saying it to their face is not very diplomatic. Or tactful. Which is part of the reason you have so many realms against you.

Moderator note: Quoting of deleted post has been deleted.

Edit: Sorry Indirik. Didn't check what the new post was when I posted.