Author Topic: The War of the Hearth Right  (Read 70056 times)

ScooterMcCabe

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Re: The War of the Hearth Right
« Reply #195: October 13, 2012, 05:45:59 PM »
What is bad luck but another man's good fortune?

Unless someone complains its a bug.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #196: October 13, 2012, 05:53:41 PM »
No one said what you did was a bug. They said it was an exploit. There's a difference.

ScooterMcCabe

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #197: October 13, 2012, 05:57:27 PM »
I stand corrected.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Sorraine
« Reply #198: October 13, 2012, 06:39:48 PM »
War? Are we at war? I have to say I hadn't really noticed.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #199: October 13, 2012, 07:28:21 PM »
It's been one of the more enjoyable ones for me as a player.  I prefer the diplomacy side of the game to the "gotta log in at turn change to give orders" bit as active players willing to do this are pretty rare (and I'm grateful we had any at all..).

The last time I really had to run things on this scale was probably 2006 and many things have improved quite a lot since then. 

The basis of a good general and/or marshal hasn't changed, though. It's always been about communication. Arcaea is very good at this but they have a military King so that's to be expected. I suspect Kindara was also pretty good at this though obviously their preferred form of communication with us wasn't letters. Ohnar West surprised a lot of people by staying on top of things so they earned some brownie points.

Sorraine had some growing pains but got their act together. So did Cathay, too. Nothing like practice....

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #200: October 13, 2012, 07:54:14 PM »
I'll take that as a compliment. This is my first general position in a long time, the last time being cut short before I could do anything in that position. Unfortunately there is only one army that goes on campaign, meaning I mostly command as if I am marshal of that army. Which leaves the Marshal in more of a Vice-Marshal position. v-v

I try to occassionally involve the Marshal and Vice-Marshal in discussions regarding the campaign.

Alpha

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #201: October 13, 2012, 09:11:59 PM »
The basis of a good general and/or marshal hasn't changed, though. It's always been about communication. Arcaea is very good at this but they have a military King so that's to be expected. I suspect Kindara was also pretty good at this though obviously their preferred form of communication with us wasn't letters. Ohnar West surprised a lot of people by staying on top of things so they earned some brownie points.

I've been pleased with Kindara's army performance. We can move as well as Arcaea, but we're considerably smaller.  I was worried, when GA first backed out, that things would be much worse for us than now.

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #202: October 14, 2012, 03:57:53 AM »
I've been pleased with Kindara's army performance. We can move as well as Arcaea, but we're considerably smaller.  I was worried, when GA first backed out, that things would be much worse for us than now.

When you threaten to betray an ally with the help of yet another ally, people tend to get weary. However, you're lucky that they were hesitant, or else maybe things would be much worse for you than they are now.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #203: October 14, 2012, 05:25:35 AM »
I was somewhat disappointed by the outcome of the last campaign. The Morale bug screwed us quite badly, and the apparently unannounced looting changes meant we couldn't drive Apelen rogue.

egamma

« Reply #204: October 14, 2012, 07:56:32 AM »
Are you sure it's a bug? Maybe they lowered their taxes to 5% and did a lot of police and diplo work before you arrived.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #205: October 14, 2012, 07:59:33 AM »
No, the peasant militias wouldn't form. That's what normally seems to do the damage to Control and Loyalty. But no matter how much we looted, they wouldn't form.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #206: October 14, 2012, 01:43:12 PM »
There was little to no effect on Loyalty and Control (Or at least, I don't believe them changing), and no peasant militias formed (Which was the real odd thing). Moral and Production were at their lowest though. The region only started to suffer a bit afterwards when the hunger bit in. This was all during our looting for a few days, so no police work could have been done.

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #207: October 14, 2012, 03:23:18 PM »
Maybe Kindara re-settled all their masochists in Apelen.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #208: October 14, 2012, 03:44:42 PM »
That would explain a lot ;)

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #209: October 14, 2012, 04:15:52 PM »
I think this also happened the last time we were looting in Ansopen, too.  Was surprised that no militia formed, but didn't think much of it at the time.