Author Topic: Werewolf Forum Game, General Discussion  (Read 54361 times)

Barek (jerm)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Werewolf Forum Game, General Discussion
« Reply #45: August 29, 2012, 09:53:18 PM »
lol
You should take everything I say with a grain of salt.  But I'm not a werewolf.  Really.

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: August 29, 2012, 10:05:19 PM »
Lynching the Sage on the first round. Best Start Ever? :D

One Does Not Simply

Ross

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: August 29, 2012, 10:26:49 PM »
Of course you wouldn't scream "I'm the sage" in public. Don't pretend that's what anyone is saying. No PMs means you have to be smart about what you say, and how to interpret what other people are saying.

I would be interested in seeing the complete PM exchane for the Sage for the Masahakon game. I bet the majority of it is not trying to convince people who you are, and that you're genuinely the sage. I bet most of it is working together to figure out who the enemy is. IMO, that's only playing half the game.

Lefanis was able to convince Barek, pointing out he was the sage.

Lefanis needed a second "ally", he contacted me.

At this moment it was 50/50, if i was the assassins they were both dead, but no i desperately save Barek at the last moment, next day my feeling was :

The assassins are either Lefanis, Barek and Penchant or Cren, Indirik and Zaki.

I chose to support Lefanis side, simply because if it was fake, it was too well orchestrated. I single out Penchant, to try to see if he was feeling it was fake, but he looked optimist about it. So i rally my vote to them.

I was expecting maybe a PM from Indirik or Cren, but odds were against them, even this maybe i would have switch my vote, with a good and valid theory. I was convinced only when Lefanis died.

I'm quite surprise Cren wasn't one of the assassins.
Atamara:    Dwilight:

Ross

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: August 29, 2012, 10:40:33 PM »
I would be interested in seeing the complete PM exchane for the Sage for the Masahakon game.

Just maybe the better exchange we had. Since game is officially over.

Lefanis contacting me.

Greetings,

I am the seer. I have scanned Barek, and he is innocent. We can't afford another dying, or the assassins might gain parity. You seem to be on the level acting rationally unlike the rest, so I request you to change your vote back to Fury.

We believe that the assassins are- Cren, Fury, and perhaps Zakilevo or Penchant, who suddenly woke up and are behaving irrationally in face of all evidence.

Now I am taking a risk coming to you, you might just be a well hidden assassin and fury and rest might just be stupid. But I don't think so. We have got to save Barek, at any rate, and bring perhaps Indirik or Sonya on board. But I cannot approach them myself, for I need to keep scanning for the real assassins and it's a big risk for me. If you can try and sway them, we might havea chance to root out the real killers.

I publicly claimed i was the sage and Barek has been scanned as a diplomat and i make the mistake to say Lefanis has been scanned as a diplomat too (we had only 1 scan, i was thinking 2)

Barek to me about Lefanis

I don't know how he could know that both Of us are innocent, he has only had time for one scan. He could be tricking us.

Next turn Lefanis to Barek and I

I just scanned Penchant. He is a diplomat.

Lefanis to Barek, Penchant and I

Penchant,

I am the sage. I just scanned you, so I know you are a diplomat. I have also scanned Barek last turn, who came clean. Ross is also been playing rationally so far, so I think he is also a diplomat. That leaves Cren, Indirik, and Zakilevo as assasssins.

The only chance for us diplomats now is if we all vote the same assassin to be lynched. We should probably vote Zakilevo this turn. I hope we can count on you.

Fury was not an assassin!!!!! Barek to the group:

I was wrong about Fury, but I maintain that given the evidence, he was the most likely candidate for an assassin.

The four of us.  Lefanis is the Sage.  He has verified that I and Penchant are innocent, and he has stuck his neck out on the assumption that Ross is innocent, which so far seems correct.

And now the assassins are coming together against Ross, who they assume is the Sage.

I say we throw a curveball and come out and say that we were lying about Ross being the Sage - say its Lefanis or even Penchant and see if they change their votes.

By way of evidence -  consider Zaki's vote.   He was happy to lynch me, saying that evidence pointed to me being an Assassin.  Right up until Ross claimed to be Sage.  Then Zaki switched his vote to Ross.
[/color]

Barek take 2 :

Quote from: Penchant on August 26, 2012, 07:40:13 PM

Barek,

Are you really a witness?

I did not use witness on Night 1, because my chance would only have been 15%.   I used it on night2, thinking that I'd probably get lynched or hunted, and figured I may as well give it a shot.   I am 100% sure that Zaki is one of the assassins.

And by simple deduction, that means Cren and Indirik are the other two  - though I recommend that our Sage check both of them, just to make sure we don't make a mistake.

There's only 7 left:  the four of us, and Zaki/Cren/Indirik.

We must lynch an assassin, or its game over.

After, pretty much everything happened like anticipated. We had a chance still to lynch Cren, we consider him werewolve.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 10:53:26 PM by Ross »

Ross

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #49: August 29, 2012, 10:46:43 PM »
I didn't keep every single PM, i think i was missing some, but i tried to pick the best message i received.

The way Lefanis played his sage was good, he took some risks, but he managed to stay alive until we clearly had enough facts to divide the remaining players in 2 groups.

The fact he approached me was questionable, but he was about to lose his only ally and it was smelling real bad for diplomats at the moment.

Barek (jerm)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: August 29, 2012, 10:55:05 PM »
Heh, when Lefanis contacted me, I was not certain that it was not a ploy.

Consider: A werewolf can tell a villager "Hey, I'm a seer!"  and potentially gain his or her trust.

In fact, at the end of one of the turns, I'd begun to fear that I'd been deceived by the assassins, don't recall what it was that got my hackles up, perhaps just pure paranoia.

You should take everything I say with a grain of salt.  But I'm not a werewolf.  Really.

Ross

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: August 29, 2012, 11:51:43 PM »
Heh, when Lefanis contacted me, I was not certain that it was not a ploy.

Consider: A werewolf can tell a villager "Hey, I'm a seer!"  and potentially gain his or her trust.

In fact, at the end of one of the turns, I'd begun to fear that I'd been deceived by the assassins, don't recall what it was that got my hackles up, perhaps just pure paranoia.

Same, my paranoia has been reduced by the addition of Penchant, he wasn't suspicious, he was calm and logic.  When Lefanis died it was clear.

I swear i was close to vote for you for the lynch instead of fury. Especially when you said something about : I'm a witness seer diplomats you will laugh when i die. I was like: No No No too much bull!@#$, please, give me a chance to double-lynch him and someone else. If i can only be sure at least one of them is an assassin... but i decided to trust Penchant and indirectly Lefanis, not Barek lol.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: August 30, 2012, 01:49:54 AM »
Muahahaha.... Seer killed in Day 1. Actually I have seen it coming, just that I thought with so many votes to hang me, I might as well do a reveal before I die, in a last-defiant statement if you may call it. Anyway I not going comment much on this until the game is over 8)

EDIT: I just recall something. Perhaps PM has an advantage after all. In Assassins, I was killed for being too quiet. In Werewolf, I was being killed for being too much attention. I do not really PM everyone in Werewolf. Oh well. I have make a road for next time an Assassins can claim he was Sage in Day 1. Heh ;D
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 01:55:55 AM by Ketchum »
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Ross

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #53: August 30, 2012, 02:19:10 AM »
In your case maybe PMing like for example 2 or 3 persons, maybe even 1 or 2 that voted for you in PM you might had the chance to turn the vote in your favor and buy an extra night.

Even if you hit an assassin, maybe he will kinda protect you and buy your trust, and with all the traits and role like GA, mortician, unhuntable, bureaucrat... There's very good chance you would hit a valuable or ally or scare people to vote against you.

In your case you were "lucky" (trait), you had less chance to die from hunt than lynch. It would have been a good move to buy support, even if you risked to hit a werewolf., you were on a tight rope. Sometimes even if you know someone role (or have good reason to believe), and know that person is not in your camp, there's nothing wrong to not act against him, he could be lying, and furthermore,  it's a one way information, you can use it to pretend to be his ally.

I might say something that could be use against me, but whatever, i prefer to keep people i know their role and side around me if they are no threat to me, no matter their side. The biggest threat is the people trying to hide their intent and you have no clue on their motivation.

Barek (jerm)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #54: August 30, 2012, 02:34:34 AM »
Day 1 voting is just tough.  The nature of the game dictates that there are no solid clues.  All you can go on is what people say.

Let's look at players:

Quiet players:  They don't say much.  They vote, and they're quiet.  On the other side, that has sometimes proven to be a downfall.  There are many who would say that this is the optimum strategy for a Seer, or other Villager Special.  Don't say much, hope that people don't notice you.  Vote with another person preferably, but try not to pileon.

Loud players:  Loud players are folks with time on their hands.  They'll argue their case and try to convince you and everyone else that they're just villagers.  They could well be.  Sometimes a villager hits the game hard and  heavy and is ready to analyze every players move. Other times, a werewolf is ready to do the same, the whole while ducking blame and casting it elsewhere.

Foreign players:  We've got some.  Sometimes the grammar is a little off.  Sometimes their response to your heartfelt argument is ... not what you'd expected.  This is perhaps the toughest player to judge.  They could be a villager, and be mounting a !@#$ty defense against an accusation,  or they could be a werewolf and... well, mounting a !@#$ty defense against an accusation.

Day 1 is just tough.  There's NO right vote.   Any Bad Guy worth his salt will make damn sure that he's not lynched on Day 1.  Its probably tougher for the Good Guys.  There are more of them, so its statistically more likely that one of them will end up on the lynching pole, combined with the fact that its just tough to defend oneself on day 1.  There's no voting record to turn to.  I suppose the only solid defense is to channel those votes elsewhere.

Barek (jerm)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #55: August 30, 2012, 04:28:37 AM »
Its important, I think, to note that this game is an adaptation of the 'party game' called Mafia.  (link below)

Briefly, if you and 10 of your friends were to gather together, you could hand out cards - a few of them are Mafia, and the rest are Villagers.  During the "Day" people discuss, and then they go around making accusations, and eventually take a vote.  At night, everyone lowers their head, the Game Moderator says "Mafia, look up" and the Mafia players look up, silently point to someone they want to kill, and then put their heads back down.  That player is dead and sits out the rest of the game, not saying anything.  And so voting and killing continues.

The forum version changes a few things thanks mostly to the medium.  Night and Day are merged, so that we don't have to have a weird stretch where no one can post.

The expansions are.. well its 2012, think of it as DLC or expansions.  While I love the simplicity of Villagers vs. Werewolves, I think that Villagers + Specials vs. Multiple Werewolf Packs + Specials is just damn good fun.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_(party_game)

Barek (jerm)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #56: August 30, 2012, 05:04:09 AM »
Its important, I think, to note that this game is an adaptation of the 'party game' called Mafia.  (link below)

Briefly, if you and 10 of your friends were to gather together, you could hand out cards - a few of them are Mafia, and the rest are Villagers.  During the "Day" people discuss, and then they go around making accusations, and eventually take a vote.  At night, everyone lowers their head, the Game Moderator says "Mafia, look up" and the Mafia players look up, silently point to someone they want to kill, and then put their heads back down.  That player is dead and sits out the rest of the game, not saying anything.  And so voting and killing continues.

The forum version changes a few things thanks mostly to the medium.  Night and Day are merged, so that we don't have to have a weird stretch where no one can post.

The expansions are.. well its 2012, think of it as DLC or expansions.  While I love the simplicity of Villagers vs. Werewolves, I think that Villagers + Specials vs. Multiple Werewolf Packs + Specials is just damn good fun.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_(party_game)

I love repeating myself, so I'm quoting the full text of the very last post that I made.

If you're playing this game, its important that you understand that its not your typical role playing game.  If you ask the GM for clues, or fish around for something to help you, you'll be out of luck.  Players are assigned roles, and its up to you to figure out which of them are lying and which are telling the truth.  You'll make mistakes.  We all do.  Have fun.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #57: August 30, 2012, 06:22:22 AM »
I play a bit on www.epicmafia.com . I played a whole bunch back in '08/9 but I still log in every now and then. It's got real time mafia so usually each turn is like 5 minutes max.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Ross

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #58: August 30, 2012, 07:50:32 AM »
For the IC OOC,

I just assume roleplay is only for the fun and flavor. Every conversation are meta, if you want to add a roleplay element do it, it makes the game more entertaining but it's not mandatory.

For clarity I like the use a color when I do so. If it's more ooc or a very short comment I don't bother.

As long you avoid the GM colour (teal) it will make more sense if you wish your reply understood as RP and not as OOC analysis.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 07:52:47 AM by Ross »

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #59: August 30, 2012, 08:06:02 AM »
I've returned from the Dead Zone and have internet.

I see I've missed a game! I'll be glad to join the next one.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.