Author Topic: If you could change or remove or add 1 thing...  (Read 20304 times)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: If you could change or remove or add 1 thing...
« Reply #45: October 23, 2012, 03:42:35 AM »
No no, this where you say: "AND YOU HAVE MY BOW"
No no, this is where we say: "AND MY AXE".

Because we are putting axes at their federation on AT. I have a look at the poll, nice result 8)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: October 23, 2012, 03:14:27 PM »
No no, this where you say: "AND YOU HAVE MY BOW"
No no, this is where we say: "AND MY AXE".

Because we are putting axes at their federation on AT. I have a look at the poll, nice result 8)

And My Wizard Staff!
 :o :o :o :o

Ohh wait this is not Spell Master, sooo....errr.. need to make a contribution to the topic so i don't get lynched...ohh yes!

-------Deep Breath of Inspiration-------

If were on my power I would Change:

Replace the Paraphernalia Scouts, by Adventurer Scouts? just let the scouts be Players!

Since they are lesser nobles they will fit into this category pretty well, just need some balance adjustments and will be ready.

Bye!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 03:17:03 PM by Sonya »

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: October 23, 2012, 11:14:31 PM »
I would remove Chenier. Because I find him supremely distasteful.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: October 24, 2012, 02:30:29 AM »
I would remove Chenier. Because I find him supremely distasteful.

I would remove myself as well, because I find that people get too intimidated by my glorious superiority.

;D
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #49: October 25, 2012, 10:06:23 AM »
Off-Topic Messages about accented characters deleted. People, there is off-topic and then there is spam-chat. Don't crap all over the forum, please.

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: October 26, 2012, 04:48:16 PM »
And My Wizard Staff!

Ohh wait this is not Spell Master, sooo....errr.. need to make a contribution to the topic so i don't get lynched...ohh yes!

Replace the Paraphernalia Scouts, by Adventurer Scouts? just let the scouts be Players!

Since they are lesser nobles they will fit into this category pretty well, just need some balance adjustments and will be ready.

Bye!

I like this idea but I have two concerns:
1. In war times adventurers would be pressured to scout full time or face arrest
2. Timeliness.  I let my 16 hours build up before I spend them so a scouting request might take +1 turns to complete.

However, perhaps adventurer scouting provides additional details that the current scouting does not? (like what? who knows - maybe rumours about troops incoming to the current region from other regions?)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: October 26, 2012, 05:15:41 PM »
I like this idea but I have two concerns:
1. In war times adventurers would be pressured to scout full time or face arrest
2. Timeliness.  I let my 16 hours build up before I spend them so a scouting request might take +1 turns to complete.

However, perhaps adventurer scouting provides additional details that the current scouting does not? (like what? who knows - maybe rumours about troops incoming to the current region from other regions?)

Maybe things like siege engines or details on particular units?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: October 26, 2012, 05:24:27 PM »
And My Wizard Staff!

Bye!

Tom has emphatically rejected this multiple times before. He doesn't want the adventurer game and the noble game to overlap too much, and he definitely very strongly does not want adventurers to be treated as paraphernalia by nobles.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #53: October 28, 2012, 10:47:26 PM »
I would significantly reduce or even remove unit-realm distance penalties.
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
« Reply #54: October 28, 2012, 11:00:21 PM »
Not sure what's been posted here and what hasn't, but...

1. The ability to write messages after a character dies - but limit it to roleplay messages or possibly (?) OOC messages.

1. The ability to choose a name for your unit's captain once one is found, or have an option to rename them. Would be optional and in addition to the randomization of names already.

1. The ability to "attach" adventurers (other player characters) to units with their permission. When attached, they lose the ability to travel on their own (unless they remove themselves from the unit) but have new options like the ability to train soldiers (effectiveness depending on their skill level), raise morale, scout bordering regions, etc. Attached adventurers automatically fight in any battle the unit engages in, and have the chance to be injured, seriously injured, killed, etc. They can also be "promoted" to captain and would replace your named captain, if you have one. They cannot move the unit on their own, and their communication isn't expanded here - they use the same message system as before.

1. Death. Everyone has a small chance of death, and class choices augment this slightly - heroes would still be the riskiest, with courtiers having the least risk of death.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #55: October 29, 2012, 12:01:03 AM »
1. The ability to choose a name for your unit's captain once one is found, or have an option to rename them. Would be optional and in addition to the randomization of names already.

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Humans are named by their parents, not their superiors.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #56: October 29, 2012, 12:16:34 AM »
I'd make looting a more viable way of warfare.

Wars are too much about conquest, too little about other spoils in my opinion.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #57: October 29, 2012, 12:17:10 AM »
I would significantly reduce or even remove unit-realm distance penalties.

Not sure I'd make this my number one, but it'd definitely be up there somewhere.

Yea, this too.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

egamma

« Reply #58: October 29, 2012, 12:18:39 AM »

Troops should be able to use looting to repair damage, so that you can have a "Mongol horde" traveling across the lines.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #59: October 29, 2012, 12:21:51 AM »
Troops should be able to use looting to repair damage, so that you can have a "Mongol horde" traveling across the lines.

Looting yielding more gold, reducing equipment damage, and increasing troop morale in a more significant matter would make it more interesting.

Looting, right now, is only done when people wish to utterly destroy. It'd be nice to have a more balanced choice of looting options, some options which do lots of damage but little rewards, other options that deal very little damage but yield much greater rewards.