Author Topic: And a new realm lives!  (Read 183026 times)

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: And a new realm lives!
« Reply #300: January 16, 2013, 10:04:17 AM »
Why? They have another duchy, which contains another city. I was under the understanding that the capital changing allegiance was an allowed move.

Indeed. The conclusion of the Solaria magistrates case was

The Magistrates decline to rule on the question of realm mergers generally and the secession of capital duchies at this time, due to ongoing discussions among the Magistrates, Dev Team, and Tom.

The bug was about the last duchy switching allegiance, and that was what the rule the case was pinned on.

You posted yourself then:

If you are declaring now that #1 is to be disallowed, that is a major policy change.

Not only will it require significant code changes, but it should absolutely not be used as a reason to punish Solari for what he did, because for years now, it has been both possible and legal to change the allegiance of the capital duchy. Ex post facto laws are a bad thing, whatever your original ideas might have been.

If discussion among the Devs resulted in capital changing allegiance now being disallowed, it should announced.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #301: January 16, 2013, 03:41:55 PM »
Er...hm.

Let me check my notes.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #302: January 16, 2013, 03:53:28 PM »
Er...hm.

Let me check my notes.

Behold, the proper usage of case law!
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #303: January 16, 2013, 03:54:43 PM »
Behold, the proper usage of case law!

Yes: To remind the developers what they said before!

Apparently I have misremembered, and we have not changed this. Thus, my earlier pronouncement in this thread was incorrect, and it would be completely fine for Woelfy to change the allegiance of the Duchy of Balance's Retreat. I will edit the message with a note to that effect.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #304: January 16, 2013, 05:47:28 PM »
Yes: To remind the developers what they said before!

Apparently I have misremembered, and we have not changed this. Thus, my earlier pronouncement in this thread was incorrect, and it would be completely fine for Woelfy to change the allegiance of the Duchy of Balance's Retreat. I will edit the message with a note to that effect.

Thanks for checking on that Anaris. Best news all week :D

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #305: January 17, 2013, 01:52:15 AM »
This sounds like it's going to get interesting.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Pike

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #306: January 17, 2013, 04:03:04 AM »
What did you think things where going to end peacefully so quickly.  Look at the way things are going.  I do not think its going to cool down quite yet.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #307: January 17, 2013, 10:25:25 AM »
What did you think things where going to end peacefully so quickly.  Look at the way things are going.  I do not think its going to cool down quite yet.

Sevastian tried. What is to come is on Bowie and his minions.

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #308: January 17, 2013, 11:59:15 AM »
How does Sevastian plan to feed BR? Does Courts of Stone produce enough food for it?

Pike

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #309: January 17, 2013, 12:58:43 PM »
Sevastian tried. What is to come is on Bowie and his minions.
First off,  Abbigal is not one of Bowie's minnions.  Second Sevastian has not tried.

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #310: January 17, 2013, 03:17:27 PM »
* Applauds Pike
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #311: January 17, 2013, 05:24:51 PM »
I thought of a good name for the new realm ' !@#$show'
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #312: January 17, 2013, 09:35:00 PM »
That was our original name, but some people squirmed at the reference. I brought it back for a bit during the crisis but then EVERYONE squirmed  ;D
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #313: January 17, 2013, 10:30:45 PM »
First off,  Abbigal is not one of Bowie's minnions.  Second Sevastian has not tried.

1st. Lulz.

2nd. You are blind if you think that.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #314: January 17, 2013, 10:44:02 PM »
That was our original name, but some people squirmed at the reference. I brought it back for a bit during the crisis but then EVERYONE squirmed  ;D

The only difference between Swordfell and Asylon is that our nobles wouldn't squirm if we renamed the realm '!@#$show'  ;D
We live lives in beautiful lies...