Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Phoenix Empire

Started by Dante Silverfire, February 19, 2013, 08:15:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sacha

Well, Strombran opted out and Tara said they would fight Merlin if necessary. Good times ahead!

Geronus

With a better inside view of the situation now, I don't think Merlin is going to survive. He might get through it alive and even remain a Duke and stay on in Coria, but I have my doubts that what he's trying to accomplish will get done. At the moment I see two main possibilities:

1. Merlin loses the referendum. Merlin peacefully steps down and abandons his project. Coria is left with serious internal divisions and a major rivalry between its two powerful Dukes and the Monarchist and Republican factions. Political intrigue continues and weakens the realm.

2. Merlin wins the referendum. Saeculo either secedes the Duchy of Shanandoah or organizes a rebellion with secession being the most likely course. Either way, Merlin has compromised his relations with the Southern realms, leading them to back Saeculo and the Republicans. Coria's future survival under these circumstances is questionable.

jaune

I would suggest we avoid to post IG messages, especially messages sent to limited groups not to shared on forums... even thought these all should be OOC, we all know that it effects game play as well.

Edit: I mean Jason Elegant prolly not wanted that message to be world wide, as well as m2rt dont want Zadars post to be known everyone at BM.

-Jaune
~Violence is always an option!~

m2rt

Quote from: jaune on February 22, 2013, 06:14:10 PM
I would suggest we avoid to post IG messages, especially messages sent to limited groups not to shared on forums... even thought these all should be OOC, we all know that it effects game play as well.

-Jaune

Thumbs up! It was bad decision to post that.

Sacha

Ottar posted it to all of Tara. It's a little late to ask for secrecy.

Geronus

Edit: I mean Jason Elegant prolly not wanted that message to be world wide, as well as m2rt dont want Zadars post to be known everyone at BM.

-Jaune

I agree. I have had to be very careful in my IC messages as a result of seeing a few of these letters. I have make sure I remember which things I saw in the game, and which I saw here.

Dante Silverfire

Quote from: Sacha on February 22, 2013, 06:33:24 PM
Ottar posted it to all of Tara. It's a little late to ask for secrecy.

There is a difference between secrecy and things being rumored knowledge though.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Sonya

-Jaune

I have notice as well that we are mixing IC and ICC a lot on this conversation.

Even if Silverfire have noble intentions for Atamara, more or less could be frustrated by OCC intervention (meta-gaming)

Peace

Dante Silverfire

Quote from: Sonya on February 22, 2013, 07:09:27 PM
Even if Silverfire have noble intentions for Atamara, more or less could be frustrated by OCC intervention (meta-gaming)

I think its pretty much regardless of how things turn out that one side or the other will think that OOC was involved in some way.

I mean a large portion of the population has considered a lot of what CE and Tara have built to be unhealthy for Atamara.

It is also a lot of OOC opinions overshadowing or shaping the actions of their characters which has led to the warped view of the Phoenix Empire proposal. Obviously "created" misunderstandings of the Charter Proposal and making it say what it doesn't. The Empire in no way grants an immediate alliance amongst all members and is specifically built to defend against this, yet that is the ONLY thing that has been stated by Coria's allies in the discussions.

Splits between IC/OOC in characters and players who have different views about what they want and what their players want.

All sorts of things like this, are riddled in this situation.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Radigand

QuoteI mean a large portion of the population has considered a lot of what CE and Tara have built to be unhealthy for Atamara.

Or that could be a loud minority that needs to shout to gain an illusion of volume

QuoteIt is also a lot of OOC opinions overshadowing or shaping the actions of their characters which has led to the warped view of the Phoenix Empire proposal. Obviously "created" misunderstandings of the Charter Proposal and making it say what it doesn't. The Empire in no way grants an immediate alliance amongst all members and is specifically built to defend against this, yet that is the ONLY thing that has been stated by Coria's allies in the discussions.

Nah, I don't think it's OOC problem. Charter Proposal is confusing as heck. No wonder people don't get it.

And there's also a manner of execution. Merlin could have gained way more support if Coria was not rebelling, and if CE and Tara did not feel threatened by Merlin's messaging to Darka, BoM, Raoul letters, etc.

Let me paraphrase a third Newton law: for each action, there is equal and opposite reaction. The more merlin pushes, the more resistance he encounters. Before you can run with your idea, you have to learn how to walk.

Gustav Kuriga

I agree with taking out the IC letter. I just recently had an IC letter that I sent to ONE PERSON be put up in the forums. Their justification for this was "well I'm sending it to others IC", which was a bull!@#$ argument to begin with. I don't care how many people see it IC, don't be posting a personal IC letter that I personally sent to only one character onto the forums.

Solari

Stop posting IC letters like this.

Further, stop accusing people in-game of clanning, OOC recruiting, or any other abuse. There's no need to single out the individuals. They know who they are, and everyone with half a brain can figure out where their interests lie. If the present circumstances are too much for you to bear, do everyone who's trying to play a game a favor and put your characters in cold storage until you've calmed down.

Vellos

Quote from: Solari on February 22, 2013, 08:32:42 PM
Stop posting IC letters like this.

Further, stop accusing people in-game of clanning, OOC recruiting, or any other abuse. There's no need to single out the individuals. They know who they are, and everyone with half a brain can figure out where their interests lie. If the present circumstances are too much for you to bear, do everyone who's trying to play a game a favor and put your characters in cold storage until you've calmed down.

+1
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Eirikr

This whole thing is turning out like a certain RUSH song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_D0wkLyCXE

Azerax

don't post ic messages.  Merlin's ability to role-play his plan is now crippled and very few people here will separate this knowledge from their characters.