Author Topic: Region Economy rebalance  (Read 35094 times)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Region Economy rebalance
« Reply #90: June 14, 2013, 02:00:05 PM »
B) this fun depend on noble, some will get but some not..

Then why does it matter how long the code developing takes? Make your own fun.

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #91: June 14, 2013, 02:25:50 PM »
It does seem that there are some unfair expectations on the behalf of some players. This is a free game. No-one is paying for its development. It is exciting to hear of new features, sure, but they happen when they happen. Just enjoy BattleMaster for what it is and enjoy the devs being so open about what they do. There's no need for the negativity.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #92: June 18, 2013, 12:45:37 PM »
Especially when one of them just started a new job on the other side of the country from his hometown.

I haven't had time to contribute anything of worth in over a month: i.e. since the rebalance got put on hold.

But yeah, if you'd like to see something get finished, we'd love the help. Really. We're only two people, and Tim has been carrying 99% of the weight.

As I said before, I'm willing to help with this. But as long as it doesn't require me to log into IRC at specific times, which I just can't really do.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Kinsey

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #93: June 19, 2013, 12:56:29 AM »
What kind of help are you hunting for?

egamma

« Reply #94: July 29, 2013, 09:21:30 PM »
Any status update on this? It would sure make my life easier (and BM a lot more fun) if the food increase was put in place.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #95: July 29, 2013, 10:27:01 PM »
Any status update on this? It would sure make my life easier (and BM a lot more fun) if the food increase was put in place.

There are basically two main things that we're still not sure about:

1) The shift of gold to cities (in particular, certain high-value cities)
2) The long-standing imbalance in gold between the north and south of the EC and FEI

We'd really prefer not to do more rebalances...

...though there is something to be said for "real programmers ship".
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #96: July 29, 2013, 10:37:15 PM »
Well at least with a change in place you'll have a better idea what any problems that need to be tuned are. I too would really love to get the change in.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #97: July 29, 2013, 11:15:25 PM »
We'd really prefer not to do more rebalances...

...though there is something to be said for "real programmers ship".

While this is of course ideal, there is really no substitute for making a change and seeing the result. Closed-circuit tests will never be able to fully illustrate how players adapt and make changes to gameplay and style based upon a new set of circumstances. So while I can understand the ideal, I think waiting for a "perfect" rebalance will only mean that changes are never actually implemented.

I think that this thread and others have made it quite clear that regardless of what changes are made, some people will be happy, some will be upset, and some will recognize the benefits it brings to the game. Ultimately though, once your other concerns are met (with regards to figuring out what you mentioned) you just have to try something and see what happens.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #98: July 29, 2013, 11:43:58 PM »
Real programmers ship really working code most of the time. ;)

Delay for quality, always. Look at Blizzard. :P
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #99: July 30, 2013, 06:07:24 AM »

You've never seen Rome: Total War have you?

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #100: July 30, 2013, 07:10:35 AM »

Not always.

Ever heard of "Lean Start-up?"

Fail fast, and replicate quickly.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #101: July 30, 2013, 04:11:45 PM »
Touche. Might as well be indie then. :P

Also, the fail-fast is not deliver a failure of a product and repeat. It's deliver small increments of user facing changes through a medium (usually a website) that can take changes and fixes fast. This way the benefit is you know almost certainly what caused it to fail and can fix unforeseen errors fast.

Difference is we don't have the resources to iterate at that fast of a pace and the drawbacks of failure greatly outweighs the potential benefits of delivering a half-completed rebalance.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 04:15:13 PM by Foundation »
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

egamma

« Reply #102: July 31, 2013, 07:37:52 PM »
I don't see any drawbacks to releasing the food portion of the rebalance, at least.

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #103: August 16, 2013, 05:22:35 AM »
I don't see any drawbacks to releasing the food portion of the rebalance, at least.

I do.

You're missing the point of the rebalance, which is that it is the first step in my long-term goal of getting BM a working economy.
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

egamma

« Reply #104: August 16, 2013, 04:02:36 PM »
I do.

You're missing the point of the rebalance, which is that it is the first step in my long-term goal of getting BM a working economy.

Your long-term plan sounds great, it really does.

But in the short term, you have every banker on Dwilight (except Morek and Nielsur) playing FoodMaster instead of BattleMaster. I've contacted all of them. You're going to see a lot of regions going rogue this winter unless the food values get adjusted. Now, I suppose this helps with the "player density" problem, but it's certainly not a fun way to do it.