Author Topic: Priest must have 'reputation' before a personal sermon  (Read 2694 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Scenario: founder of a new faith goes abroad to convert some willing participants.

They are pagans (having left their previous faith) and can't invite him for a personal sermon because the priest lacks 'reputation.'

Priest has high honor and prestige and oratory around 70%.

What is meant by 'reputation' in this instance?

Looking at the code, there is no actual error message for inviting a priest that mentions "reputation."

In order to be able to help, I will need as much direct information as possible: who the priest is, who is trying to invite them, and the exact text of the error message would all help in narrowing this down.

Also, I know for a fact that the feature is, at least, not completely broken, because my priest character was invited for a sermon just a week or two ago, and successfully converted the Duke of Rines. For what that's worth :)
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan