Author Topic: What is your greatest dream on Dwilight?  (Read 49124 times)

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: What is your greatest dream on Dwilight?
« Reply #105: September 08, 2011, 11:29:58 AM »
Friendly war on Dwilight? I really hope you're joking.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106: September 08, 2011, 01:42:44 PM »
I would honestly like to start a new realm with its capital at Balance's Retreat.

As this is currently not realistically possible, it would have to be once the new resource system is put in place, provided it gives enough benefit.

Jhaelen Irsei

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #107: September 08, 2011, 03:01:23 PM »
I would honestly like to start a new realm with its capital at Balance's Retreat.

As this is currently not realistically possible, it would have to be once the new resource system is put in place, provided it gives enough benefit.

That's my dream too! Want to team up? :P Anyway as you said it's not possible right now, not enough food.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #108: September 08, 2011, 03:13:10 PM »
That's my dream too! Want to team up? :P Anyway as you said it's not possible right now, not enough food.

I've seen the devs quote that every region except a city can feed itself. The food wouldn't be a problem. The problem would be the gold. On top of everything else. Being in Barca has well prepared me for starting a new realm :-)

I'm sure a could use a few extra peons as stepping stones toward my dream :P
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 03:15:26 PM by Bael »

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109: September 08, 2011, 03:15:14 PM »
The monster spawn in the mountains is an order of magnitude worse than anything you saw in Barca.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #110: September 08, 2011, 03:16:23 PM »
The monster spawn in the mountains is an order of magnitude worse than anything you saw in Barca.

Sure, it would be incredibly difficult, if not impossible. There were many factors that made Barca successful, that wouldn't be present in that region. But no one said a dream had to be easy.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #111: September 08, 2011, 03:18:35 PM »
If you don't dream big, what's the use in dreaming?

vanKaya

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #112: September 08, 2011, 09:16:20 PM »
Speaking of dreaming big...

My dream is a human led invasion of the Zuma.

In the not so distant future Barca, Asylon and the Golden Farrow realm will all be much stronger than they presently are. If they each sent 7,000 CS and Terran and D'hara did the same, we would have an unprecedented 35,000 CS to throw at the Zuma.

It would truly be the most epic of wars.

Well, time to turn my char into an anti Zuma zealot and plant the seed of a crusade against the abominations..
Fyodor, Terran.   Vitaly, Enweil.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #113: September 08, 2011, 09:23:52 PM »
we would have an unprecedented 35,000 CS to throw at the Zuma.

And we would all die gloriously.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #114: September 08, 2011, 09:25:10 PM »
In the not so distant future Barca, Asylon and the Golden Farrow realm will all be much stronger than they presently are. If they each sent 7,000 CS and Terran and D'hara did the same, we would have an unprecedented 35,000 CS to throw at the Zuma.

Unprecedented? You'll have to gather a few thousand more CS before you can claim that for Dwilight.

egamma

« Reply #115: September 08, 2011, 09:32:27 PM »

And we would all die gloriously.

Naw, the numbers aren't that bad--at least in the regions I traveled through. I suspect that they would spawn a lot more soliders if we did try something like that, however.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #116: September 08, 2011, 09:36:23 PM »
Naw, the numbers aren't that bad--at least in the regions I traveled through. I suspect that they would spawn a lot more soliders if we did try something like that, however.

I know. I've traveled through there too. I've fought the Zuma.

I just only assume that what the Zuma keep laying around to fight monsters is a lot less than what they're capable of. Also, honestly, who knows if they possess any powers we're not even aware of?
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #117: September 08, 2011, 10:33:22 PM »
I know. I've traveled through there too. I've fought the Zuma.

I just only assume that what the Zuma keep laying around to fight monsters is a lot less than what they're capable of. Also, honestly, who knows if they possess any powers we're not even aware of?

They almost certainly do.

Simplest example is recruitment. They must have favorable recruitment mechanics that we do not fully understand to even maintain an army at all in their low-population, low-gold, low-food lands. Given the quite large size of that army, they must have a very significantly different mechanic; one which we do not understand. While the rumblings a while back could have been indicative that they were under strain, and they seem to have at least some threshold of food demand, even with several tens of thousands of CS I wouldn't want to tangle with the Zuma; not unless every realm were committed to a very long-term war.

But, if the new estates go well, and we are all able to expand a bit more, especially given the shockingly low monster spawns we've seen recently... fighting the Zuma could be possible in the next 2 RL years or so.

And, beyond the dream of creating a hegemony of the Maroccidens with me as its head, burning Nightmarch to the ground and sticking Artemesia's head on the end of a spear is my next biggest dream.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #118: September 08, 2011, 10:57:51 PM »
Speaking of dreaming big...

My dream is a human led invasion of the Zuma.

It would truly be the most epic of wars.

Well, time to turn my char into an anti Zuma zealot and plant the seed of a crusade against the abominations..

You sound like you need to join the Manifest Path!  One of the explicit goals is to cleanse Dwilight of all the abominations, and we should be sending a Priest thataway soon to try and convert people.  And I'd love to see a joint SA/tMP Crusade to clear out the Zuma.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #119: September 09, 2011, 12:00:42 AM »
You sound like you need to join the Manifest Path!  One of the explicit goals is to cleanse Dwilight of all the abominations, and we should be sending a Priest thataway soon to try and convert people.  And I'd love to see a joint SA/tMP Crusade to clear out the Zuma.

Allison is in!  Simply because Garret is there.  He makes such a fun enemy and I haven't had a chance to poke him in game for a long time.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)