Author Topic: Offtopic  (Read 28095 times)

Gustav Kuriga

Re: Offtopic
« Reply #30: May 02, 2013, 05:20:44 AM »
It's been apparent from the Dwilight forums that some sort of needling has been going on amongst the players of Swordfell, who are unable to resolve their IC problems and have resorted to OOC means. Both the IC RPs and trolling on the forums were extremely distasteful, and I've got to agree that it looks like they were doing their best to get a rise out of Kyle. I don't agree he should be punished for that.

The response now cannot be that he didn't bring his complaints to the Magistrates, and therefore lacks any evidence to prove he was being harassed.
Sure, but that's no reason to ignore the spirit or intent of those rules. If magistrates were just meant to read the rulebook and throw it at the defendants, even a simple program might be able to do that. Judging on a case without looking at the background behind the incident, what the players involved have to say, and the observed character of the people involved would be a miscarriage of justice.

Based on what? I'm sorry, but I haven't seen anything beyond the original post that is evidence from Kyle's side. Other than that, the only actual hard evidence we've been getting is from Shizzle. Everyone else is making claims, but not doing anything to back it up other than saying "this is how it actually was, but I won't show you anything to prove it." I'm sure the Titans have some evidence to the contrary, and if they'd like to put it in, great. But until that day, we work with what we have and what we have points to Kyle as being extremely venomous to a fellow player.