6 (12.8%)
Enweil
1 (2.1%)
Riombara
27 (57.4%)
Draw
7 (14.9%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: Enweil & Ally vs Riombara  (Read 64928 times)

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Enweil & Ally vs Riombara
« Reply #75: June 19, 2013, 05:53:17 PM »
For Marche, his complaint is that Enweil refused to break the agreement afterwards once they had their Capital back. That is the slight difference. Marche understood the surrender, but Riombara demanded that Enweil rejoin the fight for Humanity once they had recovered and asked Enweil to join Riombara after they had lost their Capital for the second time, promising them their sovereignty. They refused to do either. That is where the crucial difference lays. Not so much the surrender in the Fifth Invasion, but their refusal to rejoin the fight afterwards is what pissed Marche off at that time.

P.S. I agree that difference is small, but it is a crucial one for my character.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 05:56:07 PM by Telrunya »

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #76: June 19, 2013, 05:54:20 PM »
*ahem* I would like to point out that I've seen the same thing that Chenier has been saying about Riombara. Pretty much all the rebuttals have been coming from players in Riombara, who have been saying that they had to make peace with the monsters or be overrun. Well, that's great and all, but then you turn around and point the finger at Enweil for surrendering to the daimons. Hypocrisy much?

If that were our only complaint with Chénier's rhetoric, you'd be right.

It's not. He's been accusing us of all kinds of things for years now, many of which have no real basis in fact, and are basically him believing his own propaganda.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #77: June 19, 2013, 06:55:55 PM »
*ahem* I would like to point out that I've seen the same thing that Chenier has been saying about Riombara. Pretty much all the rebuttals have been coming from players in Riombara, who have been saying that they had to make peace with the monsters or be overrun. Well, that's great and all, but then you turn around and point the finger at Enweil for surrendering to the daimons. Hypocrisy much?

Riombara is hypocritical, often deeply so. That doesn't mean Chenier isn't grossly distorting the facts.

As I alluded to earlier, I could care less about what Enweil did during the Fifth Invasion. Or the Fourth Invasion, for that matter. They mainly got shafted. What bothers me is when Chenier shows up here and starts saying things that are flatly untrue.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #78: June 20, 2013, 07:10:50 AM »
What bothers me is when Chenier shows up here and starts saying things that are flatly untrue.
And then calls you guys the liars, saying you are just believing your own BS.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #79: June 20, 2013, 08:08:30 AM »
And then calls you guys the liars, saying you are just believing your own BS.

So basically both sides are saying the same thing, and are horrified at the thought that they would do such a thing.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #80: June 20, 2013, 02:01:25 PM »
So basically both sides are saying the same thing, and are horrified at the thought that they would do such a thing.

Except...what we are accusing Chénier of is lying. Because we know that the things he is saying are untrue. Because we were there.

What he is accusing us of is knowing things that we did not know and doing things that we did not do. Things that he assumes to be the case from information he does have, and the way he believes Riombara to think and act. OOC, I am perfectly willing to admit that Riombara is far from the white knight realm it likes to think of itself as (especially under Delvin's rule!), but to suggest that (for instance) its leadership not only knew about the plans to secede half the realm to form a realm to ally with the monsters and either did nothing or actively abetted them, but also then spent the next 5 RL years lying about it, IC and OOC, is simply preposterous.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #81: June 20, 2013, 04:58:10 PM »
I'm just going to put this out there, from the outside that's what it looked like.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #82: June 20, 2013, 07:51:51 PM »
I'm just going to put this out there, from the outside that's what it looked like.

You seem to be missing the point then.

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #83: June 20, 2013, 08:45:46 PM »

Why can't a southern war be as clear-cut as a northern war?  ::)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #84: June 21, 2013, 02:15:03 AM »
Why can't a southern war be as clear-cut as a northern war?  ::)

GIVE US YOUR CAPITAL!   ;D

Well, Chenier has been and is assuming things from the outside in, while /everyone/ in Riombara on both sides of the secession claims otherwise, OOC and years after it happened. So yeah, I would think that the ones who actually did all those things and don't really have a reason to lie about it after so much time are probably the ones who are right, while the one quoting his own propaganda is more likely to be wrong. A matter of sources really.

Arrandal

« Reply #85: June 22, 2013, 08:11:58 PM »
 >:( Where the hell is the Ackley Arrandal Marshal Extradionaire, Duke of Du-mazing Things, and all around battle guy, er, with a bit of Von Genf thrown in, of course, discussion?

Instead all I read about lately is Chenier...

Don't care, don't care, back to the war!

Zakilevo

« Reply #86: June 22, 2013, 09:30:50 PM »
Is Riombara winning?

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #87: June 23, 2013, 12:16:10 AM »
Enweil and Allies (Fronen, Nothoi and Old Grehk) had gathered a 15k CS army in Droxago, while Riombara had around 11k CS in Thromegor. Enweil and Allies attacked, but only managed to get 11k CS to Thromegor and were defeated in the first major battle of the conflict (Albeit both sides lost around the same amount). Enweil and Allies decided to regroup in Droxago afterwards. Meanwhile a Fronen raiding party in the North of Riombara managed to secure a few victories before being chased out by Riombaran troops at around the same time.

That's currently where the conflict stands. But those victories would have never been achieved if it wasn't for Ackley and Jos. They have given a great revival to the Riombaran military, which has greatly increased in strength due that, and actually dared to park our 11k CS army right next to Droxago, as well as organized the forces up North to deal with Fronen at the same time.

NireusD.Natalle

• Noble Lord
  • Conan must truly be Conan The Destroyer..
    • View Profile
« Reply #88: June 23, 2013, 02:10:13 AM »
But those victories would have never been achieved if it wasn't for Ackley and Jos. They have given a great revival to the Riombaran military, which has greatly increased in strength due that, and actually dared to park our 11k CS army right next to Droxago, as well as organized the forces up North to deal with Fronen at the same time.
Deal with Fronen? Fronen only sent small army..
Nireus D.Natalle (East Island), Arianna Sherry (Beluaterra), Calista Syrenne (Dwilight), Charlotte Ava (Sunken Vur Hagin)

Arrandal

« Reply #89: June 23, 2013, 06:22:04 AM »
Small enough to take over our regions in the Northern Islands, while we were too busy with the larger force in the South. Didn't quite work out that way though, since our forces began dealing Fronen blows the minute they started landing, and now it seems like the last of the Fronens are stuck in Melegra without the gold to run home.

I actually thought about offering them the money to do so, because after all, Fronen are only misguided in their alliances, right? Or, is it true that Fronen really think that Enweil's re-nigging on their bargain was just? And that they fight for a just cause?