Author Topic: Image BM community gives to players via forums, it is horrible...  (Read 25751 times)

Lavigna

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
To perhaps take it a step further, might it be prudent to discuss enacting a protocol where Magistrates whose characters will be personally effected by their own decisions may be obligated to recuse themselves? Is that already a part of the code of conduct for Magistrates? Or would it be too difficult to enforce? Because if the Magistrate's characters could potentially benefit from their own ruling, wouldn't it be safe to say that it is a conflict of interest?

This  has happened in some cases without the need of a rule. Magistrates chose to abstain because there was a conflict  of interest, if we can call it that way. But yes i wouldn't mind if that actually became a rule which of course will remind a lot the way the Titans worked, meaning they were excluded from continents in which they had characters and such.

What i could suggest but i m afraid to do so because i fear it will become too much of a real life trial is the following.

Complainant and defendant once the case is open can bring 3 names each to support the case.Call people to testify for them that is.
Those people will be heard only if they have real evidence to bring forth.

In a real trial this is how it works . Testimonies come either from people that can bring evidence to support a case , some are what we call eye witnesses , others are simply stating what they know from a third party ( no need to say those aren't always reliable but are still valid to be brought forth).

I am suggesting this knowing it is  a bit too far but i am trying to find a solution that will benefit both sides when their case is public and at the mercy of everyone who reads it in the forum.
Those cases are important not only because the verdict does become a rule itself in some way but also because the verdict leaves a "mark" to both the defendant and the complainant once the verdict is reached. Both should have the right to see their perspective enforced as long as there is a valid reason for it to be enforced and not just a comment like " he is a good guy , he would never do that" or " i know him, he sucks as a player and it doesn't surprises me". This is WRONG.
Suck my socks! I kill for Darka! -KK-