Author Topic: Petition for the return of the War Islands.  (Read 12459 times)

Gustav Kuriga

Petition for the return of the War Islands.
« Topic Start: July 18, 2013, 09:23:34 PM »
Well, since Tom needs convincing that it isn't just a lone few voices, I believe we should have a petition to show that we aren't just a few people. Please try and spread the word, especially to new players who didn't have the chance to experience them like myself.

As someone who never got the chance to experience the constant warfare that was the War Islands, I sign this petition for the return of the War Islands.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Petition for the return of the War Islands.
« Reply #1: July 18, 2013, 09:25:55 PM »
Names will be collected here (by family name or forum name), periodically from those who reply:

Gustav Kuriga
Anaris
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: July 18, 2013, 09:28:11 PM »
While I like the idea of the war islands.

Two things I think ought to be mentioned:

1. Isn't this list supposed to be for 100 players that would "return" to the game that aren't currently playing?

2. Will making the war islands cause everyone to become less interested in the non-war islands?
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Alpha

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 18, 2013, 09:33:37 PM »
While I like the idea of the war islands.

Two things I think ought to be mentioned:

1. Isn't this list supposed to be for 100 players that would "return" to the game that aren't currently playing?

2. Will making the war islands cause everyone to become less interested in the non-war islands?

1. That was what I understood
2. I don't think so. The war islands might even be a good way to bring in new players.

You can add me to the list.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: July 18, 2013, 10:35:11 PM »
I thought 1 was true too, but I would venture my name for the list if that wasn't so, as well.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: July 18, 2013, 10:39:15 PM »
There were times where the only character I cared about enough to log in daily was my war island character. Never a dull moment for me there.

Also, I feel that the WI might help with keeping new players interested, since they wouldn't be bothered by too many off-putting details or general boredom. They just pick a side and jump straight into a perpetual war. If they like this 'simplified' version of the game, they'll be less inclined to drop out of the game because their non-WI realm is boring because of a lack of warfare or active players.

I votes yes.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: July 18, 2013, 10:41:59 PM »
Will having another sibling make you love your existing one less?  ::)
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: July 18, 2013, 10:56:59 PM »
Will having another sibling make you love your existing one less?  ::)

if the new one is better, then relatively, yes.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #8: July 18, 2013, 11:00:59 PM »
if the new one is better, then relatively, yes.

So your issue is that it would be better?  ???

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: July 18, 2013, 11:23:16 PM »
So your issue is that it would be better?  ???

Um yes. I don't want the War Islands to get people so excited that they quit playing the rest of their characters because it can never compare.

Already we see people swarming realms that are at war and leaving in droves from those that are at peace. While this makes sense, it can be a devastating side-effect if not considered.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Then hopefully it will spur the peaceniks into action to make their own realms more interesting. This game is called BattleMaster for a reason.

Gustav Kuriga

Um yes. I don't want the War Islands to get people so excited that they quit playing the rest of their characters because it can never compare.

Already we see people swarming realms that are at war and leaving in droves from those that are at peace. While this makes sense, it can be a devastating side-effect if not considered.

I thought we already agreed that the character on the War Islands wouldn't count against your character limit? So how would this lead to people quitting their other characters en masse?

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
I called for 100 people who would return to the game. People currently playing don't count.

It's not that I don't value you - on the contrary. It's just that it was claimed that re-opening the South Island would bring lots of people back to the game. That is the claim I want evidence for.

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
mm so the search is on to see if I can pull old email address up out of space haha this will be fun.
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I would like to see the War Island once again. Bring back old players is not so important than get fresh players and give to the game and its loyal players an opportunity to play again in such great war experience... while I love every aspect of another islands and of the game in general, I will never forget that good time playing in Ikalak with a character that encouraged me to go deep in another continents while at the same time I had a place to forget about secular politics and food aspects to just march and kill enemies.
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!