Author Topic: Battlemaster growth cycle  (Read 14208 times)

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Battlemaster growth cycle
« Reply #15: March 01, 2014, 10:50:27 PM »
Battlemaster marketing came up in another thread, and this was the first that seemed appropriate that I found.

If you have any good (non-obvious) ideas about how to market the game, I'd be more than happy to hear them (preferably in a different thread). It's just not something I know much about, and BattleMaster doesn't have a budget, so the obvious answer isn't really a viable one.

Has anyone tried a targeted campaign? A few short-term dedicated posters might be able to round up a grass-roots effort fairly efficiently. Online meeting-places for D&D, medieval fantasy literature, and/or general Roleplaying could probably yield 3 or 4 players apiece to try Battlemaster (to see what it is like). They may not stick, but that is always the case with new players. 50 well placed posts, links, or name drops might generate 10 to 30 long term players, a whole realm for a weekend of deskwork.

I've only really dabbled in marketing in my professional capacity. I'm not unfamiliar with some processes, but I could use some help if I wanted to get something started. The growth-cycle is waning right now, anyone want to try waxing it?
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)