Author Topic: Drinking beer, listening to Alice in Chains, feeling calm.... Sandalak  (Read 42938 times)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
I refuse to relinquish my ability to reply to people who say silly things. If you want to yell at someone for bringing up Sartan, you should yell at Woefly.

Regardless, it seems we are actually capable of having a conversation without the mod hammer you guys wield too quickly too often. Can you guys relax a little until there is an actual NEED for your intervention?
Some Things:

1.Woelfy had no way of knowing there were IG issues, thus it is you that is trying to bring up issues that already happened again.

2. Talking about Sartan is not an issue, arguing about its validity in Sandalak or other continents when there were just OOC issues is.

3. No, waiting for !@#$ to go bad and people getting angry at each other is not the preferential moderator policy. Stopping things before they become an issue is.

4. You can tone down your complaints about not relaxing.

(a) I or other mods could have easily justified deleting your post, because of Indirik's noted issue, but as well because you are insulting people in it, which is against forum policy.
   (b) You aren't seeing issues because of the work of the mods. I have been on this forum well over 2 years now and I know prior to this much more proactive moderating the forum was often full of very heated arguments with aggression on both sides.

When I am on IRC, I ask people why they don't go on the forums and they say its because of the issues in the past so they don't want worry about being attacked when they post or they just don't like the atmosphere because of issues like that.

I and I am rather sure the other moderators don't appreciate you constantly complaining about our evidently successful moderating policy. If you have an issue with a particular action, instead of complaining all around the forum, please send me or another mod a private message.

If you have an issue with what I said, feel free to send me a private message or see if you can catch me on IRC and talk about it there, but do not argue here. If you would like to have a discussion on moderator policy, I would not see an issue with creating a topic under the Community Section, "This Forum" board.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 05:27:55 PM by Penchant »
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton