Author Topic: Ease buying regions a little  (Read 18446 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: Ease buying regions a little
« Reply #15: June 01, 2011, 02:22:13 PM »
"it has been decided that you can only go have an adventure of your own if someone else in charge (i.e., the mother realm) says it's ok. furthermore, we won't let you even try, because we've already decided there is no way you could be successful, and we have no interest in whatever fun or roleplaying you might get out of the attempt"

can't figure out why there is such low player retention.

Battlemaster is supposed to be a team game. It is *designed* so that you can only accomplish truly significant things by working with other players. Personally that's part of what I love about it. Besides, if you go off on your own, who are you roleplaying with? Yourself? Don't you think that in the course of convincing your realm to back your colony, persuading other nobles to come with you, and organizing the necessary resources that you've just created ten times the roleplaying opportunities than if you just wander off by yourself to play Dungeon Siege in Balance's Retreat or wherever? I say that if you want to play King of your own little kingdom without any input from other players, then you might as well play Medieval: Total War or some other single player strategy game.