Author Topic: Inalienable Rights case - please help judge  (Read 5931 times)

Noone you know

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Inalienable Rights case - please help judge
« Topic Start: June 11, 2016, 11:07:49 PM »
This case has been waiting 17 days without response from the Titans & now the Colonies Island Senate needs some feedback on it to continue playing, so perhaps the player base can help clarify (I have formally withdrawn it as a Titans Case):

In Summary:

The Colonies have some sort of island-wide agreements in place, one of which is that you cannot be an infiltrator except in the Assassins Realm. I have challenged this on the basis that it violates your right to choose what class you want to play:

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Inalienable_rights

The inalienable rights are:

Playing at your own speed, timing and activity level, i.e. logging in as often or seldom as you like, at whatever times you like.
    Choosing which type of unit to command
    Going to tournaments
    Pausing your character(s) because you have a real life to attend to
    Choosing your class

The inalienable rights are defended with extreme prejudice. There's one simple reason for that: The second they were opened up to discussion, interpretation, exceptions, borderline cases, etc. the lawyer-weasels and others who get a thrill out of gaming the system would invade like locusts.

Absolutely no violations of inalienable rights will be tolerated, no matter how minor or inconsequential. Absolutely no interpretations will turn a violation into a non-violation. Absolutely no "I didn't mean it" apologies will prevent the punishment - if you are the guilty party, consider it a lesson for next time and a reassurance that you yourself will be equally aggressively defended should someone else attack your inalienable rights.

To me this seems pretty straightforward - the rulers can make an agreement if they like (this is Roleplay) but cannot actually enforce or punish - directly or indirectly - players for being infiltrators or carrying out normal infiltrators against realms they are at war with.

By "direct action" - You cannot be an infiltrator, so you are banned

By "indirect infiltrator" - We think it is ignoble to stab an enemy noble while not on the battlefield, so you are banned.

Thoughts?

« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 11:26:49 PM by Noone you know »