Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 565519 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: The Current War
« Reply #1005: August 02, 2012, 05:48:24 PM »
Uh, yeah. It is. Why do you think a lot of people are specifically upset about it? Because it changes the entire dynamics of the current war.

Yeah. You stalemated the war we were winning up until that point. Congratulations? Your "risky move" ended up doing the opposite of shake things up; it settled what had been an exciting war of motion through Coria into an incredibly dull medieval equivalent of trench warfare. You've had your own little Verdun going on over on the western front ever since. You changed the dynamics of the war alright. Yaaaaaaaay for you... Me, I'll hold my applause for the unlikely event that you are ever vindicated by having your agreement with Coria end up helping us win. I still have a hat I haven't eaten yet. Seeing as Silverfire failed to prove me wrong, maybe you can take a shot at it?  8)

That depends on the situation. For instance, both realms risked seriously upsetting their allies and their respective power blocs by doing so. Especially Eston. When Eston made peace with Coria it was a big deal, it angered her allies, and is still (obviously) a sore spot today for many.

And what were we going to do about it? Politely ask the other side to hold off while we took Eston out back behind the woodshed? Come on. You had to know that the risks were minimal. In the current situation no one can afford to turn allies into enemies. Long term it might lead to some problems for Eston, but I rather doubt it, and if Coria is in any kind of trouble with their allies this is the first I've heard of it. The cold hard fact is that the north needs Eston way too badly to ever consider turning on you while CE is out to get us, something you're no doubt keenly aware of.

I just got an idea... what if BOTH switch sides? Eston joins CE & Co while Coria joins the Northern Alliance. That could be interesting...

That would be pure highway robbery for the North. Eston is way cooler than Coria. I maintain you should turn on Darka. Serve em' right for stabbing you in the back all those years ago. Not to mention pay them back for refusing to fight Talerium.   ;)

Something sure needs to change. Peace might actually be more interesting than this war is.