Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 572422 times)

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Current War
« Reply #570: February 07, 2012, 10:01:04 PM »
I love how Leta's initial populist justification for war - CE's alleged pronouncements against Magna Serpaensism and wish to 'dominate' Carelia - have not only come to pass, but have now come at an additional cost of two thirds of Carelia!

That wasn't exactly false, but it's been spun beyond recognition. CE certainly made it clear to Queen Leta, and King Bartho before her, that it did not like the fact that the Serpaensists given shelter in Carelia were appointed to lordships, and then a third of the lords were Serpaensists, and then almost half of the lords of Carelia were Serpaensists. This was going to drive a wedge between CE and Carelia sooner or later. But CE also made it clear that it was not going to attack Carelia over the issue, as evidenced by the fact that CE never did declare war on Carelia.

If telling your ally what you like and don't like is "domination", then maybe realms should just stop talking to each other entirely.

Rereading what he posted, I see what you mean. But that doesn't make any sense. It doesn't match anything I've ever heard before, including straight from the players of the Kindon and Bedwyr families. Something's not making sense here.

Fair point. I am wondering how the plan got sold to Carelia's nobles. So you take two duchies away from one of your neighbors, and then give away two of your own duchies? That's a net gain of, err, zero duchies. All risk for no gain. ... Unless the plan was to take Skalk, Nida, and then keep going?

Was there a war plan beyond "down with CE!"?
------
qui audet vincit