Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 564639 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: The Current War
« Reply #735: May 25, 2012, 07:18:47 PM »
Atamara is boring because it's always New Team X vs CE and Friends, with CE and Friends eventually winning. Then AT goes on a two-month lull as New Team Y forms up and CE and Friends relax and wait for the party to recommence.

Well there's that, but I have found that even within the realms I have been in that things seem rather dull most of the time. Perhaps there are realms where things are more vibrant internally (CE maybe? Republics tend to be much more participatory), but I haven't found one since Norland went down. Most places I've been, many if not all of the people in power are deeply entrenched (like, they have been Duke/King/Whatever for *years*) and are not inclined to encourage the participation of others in their decision making. Often they don't say anything at all outside of closed councils for days, weeks or even months at a time.

This problem is actually not unique to AT by any means, but I have found it to be worse on average there than other places I've been, though that could well be a result of my own bad luck.