Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 560704 times)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: The Current War
« Reply #1605: January 20, 2013, 10:05:32 PM »
You're assuming that with Eston's surrender this war ends?
He thinks Eston's terms will affect how the rest of the war goes.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606: January 20, 2013, 10:49:00 PM »
Indeed, the Cagilans haven't even had the decency to acknowledge Eston's surrender. Hell, we should honestly be still trying to fight considering that, on a practical level, our surrender seems to have fallen on deaf ears.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Eirikr

« Reply #1607: January 21, 2013, 02:16:52 AM »
He thinks Eston's terms will affect how the rest of the war goes.

Precisely. Quite honestly, my Barony Marshal has no idea what orders to give because marching into Eston is suicidal, but there aren't any troops on his doorstep yet. It's entirely possible that Sordnaz's plans will change depending on the terms Eston is given. Half the time, I've got no idea what that guy's thinking, but he has held on this long.

Indeed, the Cagilans haven't even had the decency to acknowledge Eston's surrender. Hell, we should honestly be still trying to fight considering that, on a practical level, our surrender seems to have fallen on deaf ears.

Completely OOC, I think it's just bad timing. I think the player of Jason was away for the weekend. I'm willing to bet you'll get a reply tomorrow. IC, however, it's a total slap in the face to Eston and you should burn... uh... Sint for it. (Did I do that right?)

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608: January 21, 2013, 05:18:33 AM »

Out-of-Character from Jason Elegant   (10 hours, 5 minutes ago)
Message sent to everyone in message group "The Imperial Senate" (34 recipients)
Imperial Senate,

I am back, but I am too tired to type this. I was referee in karate championship 2013 on Saturday and Sunday and spent over 5 hours in flight. I will start sending letters from tomorrow night.

(see our website http://www.kyudokankarate.org/ and promotional video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTb4Qf-DKQU )
Wansu Seisan
------
qui audet vincit

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609: January 21, 2013, 08:50:40 AM »
The Cagilan armies at least have been ordered to withdraw. Be patient.

As to the rest, I'm sure both Darka and BoM are waiting with bated breath to see what terms are offered to Eston. Doubtless both of those realms will be hoping to divine what sort of terms they can come to expect should they too decide to sue for peace.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610: January 21, 2013, 09:19:19 AM »
Yeah, would be nice to hear/see what sort of terms Eston will get. Since CE & Co. has not said a thing about what they want from this war.

All Darka can do now is to wait and prepare. We have had few new nobles and hopefully more to come. But i still think it wont be too long war incase CE & Co sent all they can... it would be horrible army and cant be stopped no matter how much gold Darka has unless they divide it too much :P

Just for looking military graphs... CE 64k, Suville 54+K, Tara 31K, Coria 32K, Strombran 12K, Caergoth 21K....

These are the realms we are pretty sure are looking for knocking our doors, ofcourse Rielston, Minas Leon or even Talerium and Carelia can join...

Lets first mentioned realms can pull out even half of their strenght against us... it would mean over 100K CS army :P
~Violence is always an option!~

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611: January 21, 2013, 12:27:49 PM »
Yeah, would be nice to hear/see what sort of terms Eston will get. Since CE & Co. has not said a thing about what they want from this war.

All Darka can do now is to wait and prepare. We have had few new nobles and hopefully more to come. But i still think it wont be too long war incase CE & Co sent all they can... it would be horrible army and cant be stopped no matter how much gold Darka has unless they divide it too much :P

Just for looking military graphs... CE 64k, Suville 54+K, Tara 31K, Coria 32K, Strombran 12K, Caergoth 21K....

These are the realms we are pretty sure are looking for knocking our doors, ofcourse Rielston, Minas Leon or even Talerium and Carelia can join...

Lets first mentioned realms can pull out even half of their strenght against us... it would mean over 100K CS army :P

You're assuming that the realms seek a "largest blob possible" strategy sending everything they can all at once. However, I think Kinsey's rotating army strategy is much more effective in this case. A new fresh 30k cs showing up every week is much better than 50-70k at a time with a two or three week break.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612: January 21, 2013, 04:02:11 PM »
On top of that, they won't bring half of that to the field.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613: January 21, 2013, 04:55:47 PM »
Or perhaps it will be a huge loot Darka fest!

Last time that was done was before the religion came to the game was it not?
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614: January 21, 2013, 04:57:41 PM »
I don't think Darka has been seriously looted since I started playing, seven years ago.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615: January 22, 2013, 12:58:13 AM »
Forcefully split Darka back into North and South? Would certainly help mix up the dynamics of that bullet proof corner region again.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616: January 22, 2013, 01:05:55 AM »
Forcefully split Darka back into North and South? Would certainly help mix up the dynamics of that bullet proof corner region again.

How about we take every region north of the CE/Tara border and drive them rogue. Every single one except for the cities. Now, Make one duke per city each leader of their own realm. Let the land grab begin. Once a region is taken, you gain claim to that region.

It'll work itself out in a few weeks.

"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617: January 22, 2013, 01:07:45 AM »
How about we take every region north of the CE/Tara border and drive them rogue. Every single one except for the cities. Now, Make one duke per city each leader of their own realm. Let the land grab begin. Once a region is taken, you gain claim to that region.

It'll work itself out in a few weeks.

So.. basically Cagilan instituted Hunger Games?

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618: January 22, 2013, 01:11:51 AM »
So.. basically Cagilan instituted Hunger Games?

Well kind of. I forgot the part where, each duchy has to send 1 member of its nobility to join CE as a knight each year in order to prevent war. If that knight leaves the realm another must be sent within a week or war commences.

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619: January 22, 2013, 01:25:36 AM »
Well kind of. I forgot the part where, each duchy has to send 1 member of its nobility to join CE as a knight each year in order to prevent war. If that knight leaves the realm another must be sent within a week or war commences.

Hey.. I'm all for it. Sounds a lot more exciting than what the current post-war prospects will probably be.  :P