Author Topic: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!  (Read 267350 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!
« Reply #75: March 08, 2011, 10:35:02 PM »
Dude, what is all this throwing Asylon under the bus?  :-\ VE has no claim to Asylon beyond what I give it, and SA has not been kicked out of Asylon. It is true we kicked out the duke of Echuir and destroyed the temple there, but this centered more on an apparent power struggle within the realm that manifested itself strongly in that duke. Once the duke was removed and exposed, my position and power was solidified and a friend was established as duke.
Since I'm not in either Caerwyn or Asylon, and not a follower of VE, I can only speak based on what I've seen. We have been passed various messages from sources inside Caerwyn/VE that quite clearly and blatantly claim that Asylon is essentially VE property. Caerwyn threatened to go to war with Asylon because someone in Asylon built an SA temple. These messages also contained claims that since Caerwyn\VE founded Asylon, that they had control over what kind of religion was allowed in Asylon. I refer to these to merely point out that SA's "claim" on Thulsoma is essentially the same claim that various people in VE/Caerwyn were making regarding VE's "claim" on Asylon. (I'm pretty sure Chenier's character on Dwilight is a member of VE. I may be misremembering that, though.)
I would also like to point out that there is a temple to SA in the Heaps, which initially caused quite the uproar in VE and Caerwyn (we are talking threats of annihilation).
Yes, that's the incident I am talking about. Caerwyn's claim was that since the temple was adjacent to a Caerwyn region, that it would somehow pollute Caerwyn with SA followers. I had not heard that Caerwyn relented and allowed the temple to stay. My character dropped down to Aspirant status in SA a long time ago to avoid the insane/inane message traffic.
So if you want to state that SA has a claim on Thulsoma, I would like to point out that at some point realms have to grow up and assert their own identity. Thulsoma did this and was killed for it, admittedly they did it in a foolish manner (you really need to take baby steps).
That's not really how it happened at all. Thulsoma was in the process of being abandoned due to massive monster invasions. One day, as the realm was falling apart in anarchy and empty of nobles, Haruka showed up as a new immigrant. She immediately elected herself as ruler and appointed herself as Duchess and just about every other council position. (Check Vanimedle' family history for the exact timeline.) Thulsoma didn't "grow up" to assert an identity. It was just suddenly taken over and literally overnight declared to be something completely different than it had been.
We did it and although we truly had no actual power backing us up, we stood our ground. So please don't claim that we are a puppet of Caerwyn and VE, Asylon has put a great deal of effort into assuring that isn't the case.
I don't believe I ever claimed that Asylon was a Caerwyn puppet. I was merely pointing out that, from what I've seen, VE\Caerwyn claims some authority over the religious activities of the colony because they were the ones that founded it and had some hand in writing it's original charter.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.