Author Topic: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!  (Read 254454 times)

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
Re: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!
« Reply #210: March 24, 2011, 05:47:26 AM »
Peaceful reunification. I guess we can thank Caerwyn for that.

Or Allison herself. You shoulda seen the lies she spat about SA and Astrum when she was ruler of Entai.
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #211: March 24, 2011, 06:19:58 AM »
Allison had to give Caerwyn a little push.  They seemed hesitant to want to go to war.   It sounds like they wanted a war, but just needed some sort of justification to start it.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Zakilevo

« Reply #212: March 24, 2011, 06:57:51 AM »
Doesn't matter.

I don't think people in SA questioned her faith. Just her methods were questionable for many people.

Meneldur

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #213: March 24, 2011, 07:28:47 PM »
Or Allison herself. You shoulda seen the lies she spat about SA and Astrum when she was ruler of Entai.

Ah, I should have suspected Allison would have been involved; I don't think I've ever encountered a more cunning character.

The irony is that Allison's zeal to defend SA has brought about a temporary reconciliation with even her most staunch opponents in the Church and everyone (including Constantine) is convinced that Caerwyn's false accusations are the result of Caerwynian hatred and Thulsomian lies.

Although the fact that Caerwyn took the words of a noble who was known to be in conflict with the Church authorities as an authoritative source of information about SA's plans shows that there was already a great willingness to go to war.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 07:47:01 PM by Meneldur »

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #214: March 24, 2011, 08:09:05 PM »
Oh yeah, we were kind of already on a war path and she just gave us the extra push, pretty much.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if there was some OOC discussion about what to say to Caerwyn in order for us to initiate a war. I'm fairly positive that the informants who told us the same thing had no connect in-game.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 08:10:56 PM by DoctorHarte »
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #215: March 24, 2011, 09:12:55 PM »
Though I wouldn't be surprised if there was some OOC discussion about what to say to Caerwyn in order for us to initiate a war. I'm fairly positive that the informants who told us the same thing had no connect in-game.

We certainly think so. From what I've heard a bunch of random characters from different realms that no one in the Church actually knows anything about joined Caerwyn over a period of time, all with the same concocted story about SA's nefarious plans. I got the scoop on that story from someone in Caerwyn just prior to Rowan's death. While I can understand why people with no connection to SA would find it believable, it's laughable to anyone actually in the faith. Definitely something someone concocted. The coordination evident in how it was spread certainly suggests that it was not organized entirely IC. I mean, multiple players with families no one's ever heard of joined multiple different realms over a lengthy period of time, but all somehow coordinated stories, so they obviously were connected somehow. OOC is the only explanation that makes any sense...

Lopeyschools

• Knight
  • Meow Meow Secret Mission Meow
    • View Profile
« Reply #216: March 25, 2011, 01:13:24 AM »
Whether or not the allegations about SA are true, it makes for exciting roleplay and rouses up players. Caerwyn was starting to get a little slow... Too much peace? Too much boredom!
Kula (Ibladesh), Lucius (Caligan Empire), Graviel (Caerwyn)

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #217: March 25, 2011, 01:24:55 AM »
Whether or not the allegations about SA are true, it makes for exciting roleplay and rouses up players. Caerwyn was starting to get a little slow... Too much peace? Too much boredom!

Exactly what I was thinking. Dwilight needed a big conflict like this to spice things up.. I mean hell, it is BattleMaster  ::)

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #218: March 25, 2011, 03:15:02 AM »
Though some rulers seem to be confused, believing they are actually playing BabbleMaster...

... HI-YOOOOOOOOO!!

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #219: March 25, 2011, 05:35:46 PM »
The idea that a secret society took over SA is from Allison ranting and raving some months back.  The story had enough time to circulate and get switched aroound.

I am fairly sure that Glaumring and Malficar had a hand in spreading that story.  Those two cover a lot of nobles in  D'hara and Asylon. 

I honestly thought Allison had put herself in the cooking pot with the secession.  I had my outer regions rejoin Morek to buy myself time.   That day or two after the secession of Aegir saw a LOT of letter traffic.   Getting Caerwyn to declare war was my last and only hope.  Somehow it worked.   Here are the two letters I sent to Baal.  They are from 24 hours prior to the war declaration.

Letter from Allison Kabrinski   
(Personal message to Baal Zephon Beldragos)
Archon Baal,

When Sanguis Astroism was founded many of us realized that we were putting a lot of power into 1 mans hands. So a secret society was founded. Our goal was to get all of our members into key Ducal seats. We would control the church that way. The first war with Aquilegia was because the Duke of the city was part of our group and quit the Secret Society and wouldn't follow its commands.

The church isn't really a church. It is more of a guild in my opinion. At least it is run that way.

Dukes of Gelene, Eidulb, Libidizedd, Mimer, and Muspelheim are members. Along with the Lords of Well of Mimer, Frekes Deep, Caiyun and Donghai. Those 10 nobles are the ones that decide the fate of the church. They control most of the Elder positions within the church as well. It is a potent combination. They control most of the wealth of Sanguis Astroism and most of its armies.

The Secret Society is named the "Warders of the Faith" it was intentionally named similar to the Warders of the Temple so that if the name ever did surface we would have plausible deniability and we could pretend it didn't exist.

We were also responsible for the first Darfix Colony and I am confident that another member of the society will become the Duke of Darfix when the time comes.

The wars against Aquilegia, Thulsoma, Averoth and Raivan Empire were all planned and organized in the WoF. Our goal was to spread Sanguis Astroism all across Dwilight. We were doing it systematically. 1 realm at a time. Once a new realm was set up in Nifelheim, Libero Empire would have been next. Caerwyn after that.

Caerwyn started to do some saber rattling at the outset of the war against Averoth. Astrum pulled back all their troops and started to play nice. Now that they have had a chance to heavily fortify their regions they are back attacking Averoth. Morek weakened them and now Astrum can finish them off.

I wish you luck. As I said before there isn't anything that can be done to save me. I am going to hold out as long as I can. But there is still time to save yourselves.

Lady Allison Kabrinski
Grandmistress of Entai, Duchess of Aegir

Message sent to: Baal Zephon Beldragos
Archon,

For what it is worth the Astrumese mobile army is only about 7,000 combat strength. The rest of their massive CS is in militia and tied up in Gaston fighting monsters.

Lady Allison Kabrinski
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220: March 25, 2011, 06:26:36 PM »
he he he... just enough of a kernel of truth that they bought it hook, liner, and sinker. Nice one. I wonder what Baal the Betrayer will say when he sees Allison leading an Astrumese army into Caerwyn. :p
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #221: March 25, 2011, 09:01:38 PM »
The idea that a secret society took over SA is from Allison ranting and raving some months back.  The story had enough time to circulate and get switched aroound.

I am fairly sure that Glaumring and Malficar had a hand in spreading that story.  Those two cover a lot of nobles in  D'hara and Asylon. 

I honestly thought Allison had put herself in the cooking pot with the secession.  I had my outer regions rejoin Morek to buy myself time.   That day or two after the secession of Aegir saw a LOT of letter traffic.   Getting Caerwyn to declare war was my last and only hope.  Somehow it worked.   Here are the two letters I sent to Baal.  They are from 24 hours prior to the war declaration.

(Personal message to Baal Zephon Beldragos)
Archon Baal,

When Sanguis Astroism was founded many of us realized that we were putting a lot of power into 1 mans hands. So a secret society was founded. Our goal was to get all of our members into key Ducal seats. We would control the church that way. The first war with Aquilegia was because the Duke of the city was part of our group and quit the Secret Society and wouldn't follow its commands.

The church isn't really a church. It is more of a guild in my opinion. At least it is run that way.

Dukes of Gelene, Eidulb, Libidizedd, Mimer, and Muspelheim are members. Along with the Lords of Well of Mimer, Frekes Deep, Caiyun and Donghai. Those 10 nobles are the ones that decide the fate of the church. They control most of the Elder positions within the church as well. It is a potent combination. They control most of the wealth of Sanguis Astroism and most of its armies.

The Secret Society is named the "Warders of the Faith" it was intentionally named similar to the Warders of the Temple so that if the name ever did surface we would have plausible deniability and we could pretend it didn't exist.

We were also responsible for the first Darfix Colony and I am confident that another member of the society will become the Duke of Darfix when the time comes.

The wars against Aquilegia, Thulsoma, Averoth and Raivan Empire were all planned and organized in the WoF. Our goal was to spread Sanguis Astroism all across Dwilight. We were doing it systematically. 1 realm at a time. Once a new realm was set up in Nifelheim, Libero Empire would have been next. Caerwyn after that.

Caerwyn started to do some saber rattling at the outset of the war against Averoth. Astrum pulled back all their troops and started to play nice. Now that they have had a chance to heavily fortify their regions they are back attacking Averoth. Morek weakened them and now Astrum can finish them off.

I wish you luck. As I said before there isn't anything that can be done to save me. I am going to hold out as long as I can. But there is still time to save yourselves.

Lady Allison Kabrinski

Message sent to: Baal Zephon Beldragos
Archon,

For what it is worth the Astrumese mobile army is only about 7,000 combat strength. The rest of their massive CS is in militia and tied up in Gaston fighting monsters.

Lady Allison Kabrinski

My job is to stir the pot. I am just happy that all of you started fighting. Finally a chance for small retarded realms to pop up and the massive wall of boring stagnant huge mega realms to be broken apart. The western continent is and has been so stagnant compared to the north east. Perhaps this will help it become more dynamic and with more smaller realms vying for attention.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

egamma

« Reply #222: March 25, 2011, 09:17:49 PM »
My job is to stir the pot. I am just happy that all of you started fighting. Finally a chance for small retarded realms to pop up and the massive wall of boring stagnant huge mega realms to be broken apart. The western continent is and has been so stagnant compared to the north east. Perhaps this will help it become more dynamic and with more smaller realms vying for attention.

Stagnant? Or struggling to survive? D'Hara can't feed itself, so it's ambitions are to take and hold Maeotis to feed itself, and develop other agreements to do the same. Terran has a new colony. Madina is going to reclaim its rogue city.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #223: March 25, 2011, 09:31:04 PM »
he he he... just enough of a kernel of truth that they bought it hook, liner, and sinker. Nice one. I wonder what Baal the Betrayer will say when he sees Allison leading an Astrumese army into Caerwyn. :p

As I said, we were already planning a sneak attack. It went like this:
1) The annual monster-hunt force would go "assist" Astrum but turn back at the last minute and watch Astrum get destroyed by the monsters.
2) Caerwyn breaks the federation and sends Wave 2 in which waited just behind the border.
3) Wave 3 of a lot larger force follows Wave 2.
4) Loot regions, cause havoc, etc.

It was taking far too long to rally the armies without them knowing what was going on. We know we have spies in Caerwyn so we couldn't outright tell everyone the plans. Allison's letter was just a better reason to dive into war sooner rather than later. We really aren't as stupid as you all think. We already knew that majority of Astrum's military was up in Gaston and her cities. We already had plenty of scout reports of the place. We just needed the TL's to get their asses in gear! So outright war was the easier way  ;)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #224: March 25, 2011, 09:31:49 PM »
I meant Caerwyn/Astrum, sorry wasn't talking about the south region.
We live lives in beautiful lies...