Author Topic: Really Eponlynn?  (Read 38412 times)

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Really Eponlynn?
« Reply #75: July 07, 2016, 10:54:27 AM »
Wait, what? :D
But really, dude. A bit too much hostility coming from you and you need to keep yourself in check in an OOC forum.

On a different note, why didn't Oligarch ally with Eponllyn early on? I thought they were on very friendly terms, no?

Trust me, we tried, but Eponllyn was still allied with Sirion and Sirion at war with Oligarch so it was impossible unless Eponllyn lowered relations with Sirion. Relations between King Garin of Eponllyn and Garas were quite strong, still from their long cooperation in the long war when Garas was Sirion's General and the relation between Catherine and Garin was even better. It's also why Eponllyn never joined the war against us despite Sirion asking many times.

It was indeed Oligarch that long stood up for Eponllyn in their war and even tried for a few months to get peace with Sirion and a cooperation to assist Eponllyn against Perdan and Vix. This of course did not happen and then history just continued. Now Eponllyn seems afraid of Perdan, can't well war Nivemus because they were the only ones actually physically helping them in the end and Oligarch is an easy target for some land grab and to grow in strength for Eponllyn. But true strength lies in number of nobility these days and this is not scoring them a lot of points I guess.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #76: July 07, 2016, 07:39:28 PM »
But really, dude. A bit too much hostility coming from you...
But its okay for Perdan's players to be so hostile to other players. God forbid anything negative be said about Perdan. God forbid you consider what I am writing instead of knee-jerk defensiveness.

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #77: July 07, 2016, 11:07:21 PM »
that's the thing vita. i dont see any perdan players getting this worked up, even though other players, including ones that have no current or recent problem with perdan, are referring to perdan as various unflattering anatomical parts and other things, decrying everything perdan does, etc.. perdan players have taken that criticism in stride, defended what they felt was necessary and even admitted that some of the things said about them are true... which is pretty rare for the internet.

i dont think you have said anything particularly offensive, but there is a tenseness in your words that will make people who have spent time interacting with you a bit concerned. we dont want to see you this upset over a game.

just as a personal me to you, i think a lot of your stress related to the game itself lately is you picking a lot of lost cause realms to get involved in. sometimes its just easier to take the path of least resistance and choose a realm you can just have fun in instead of trying to right all the wrongs of the world.

this is at least a semi hardcore game in many ways. the weak will be eaten by the strong. if you dont have the time, energy, patience, whatever necessary to be superman, dont try to be superman. just have fun with what you can do.
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #78: July 08, 2016, 12:49:13 AM »
that's the thing vita. i dont see any perdan players getting this worked up, even though other players, including ones that have no current or recent problem with perdan, are referring to perdan as various unflattering anatomical parts and other things, decrying everything perdan does, etc.. perdan players have taken that criticism in stride, defended what they felt was necessary and even admitted that some of the things said about them are true... which is pretty rare for the internet.

i dont think you have said anything particularly offensive, but there is a tenseness in your words that will make people who have spent time interacting with you a bit concerned. we dont want to see you this upset over a game.

just as a personal me to you, i think a lot of your stress related to the game itself lately is you picking a lot of lost cause realms to get involved in. sometimes its just easier to take the path of least resistance and choose a realm you can just have fun in instead of trying to right all the wrongs of the world.

this is at least a semi hardcore game in many ways. the weak will be eaten by the strong. if you dont have the time, energy, patience, whatever necessary to be superman, dont try to be superman. just have fun with what you can do.

Sooooo much bull!@#$. The Perdan players are not just "taking it in stride", they've been some of the most obnoxious !@#$%^&s about all this.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #79: July 08, 2016, 01:05:24 AM »
Sooooo much bull!@#$. The Perdan players are not just "taking it in stride", they've been some of the most obnoxious !@#$%^&s about all this.
One must be careful to remember that there are exceptions and no group is cohesive. But I do agree that there is a strong contingent within Perdan that seems to have forgotten playing *with* people.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #80: July 08, 2016, 03:03:30 AM »
Would anyone mind giving me a brief rundown of the alliances and grudges of each realm?

I do know that Greater Xavax and Fallangard are federation parnters and Vix Tiramora are allied with Perdan, Caligus and Perleone.

Is Perleone a puppet realm of Perdan?

Hic Sunt Leones,
About the northern realms. A little rundown. Sirion, Eponllyn and Nivemus are all Allies. These 3 realms have grudges back in last Perdan big war in the north. Perdan, Westmoor(now fallen realm) and even Obsidian Islands were at war with these 3 realms. After that big war, Perdan lost and had to give up Duchy of Perdan(Perdan city and surrounding lands) to Eponllyn.

They were, at least when we (Vix) were dealing with them. Oligarch even stood up for Eppy with all the region allegiance changing and stuff.

Guess every realm needs a war in the end, and if it's an easy one, hell why not. But don't quote me on that, my knowledge of the Northern politics are rather.. vague.
Yeah, Oligarch stood by Eponllyn by giving up Duchy of Perdan lands(due to Duke Jeroen changing allegiance) to Perdan.
And did not Oligarch ask for Krimml city from Sirion in order to halt their war with Sirion to help Eponllyn?
So "nice" of Oligarch till all its neighbors want attack it :P
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #81: July 08, 2016, 04:57:07 AM »
After that big war, Perdan lost and had to give up Duchy of Perdan(Perdan city and surrounding lands) to Eponllyn.
'had to give up' implies it was forced on Perdan. Perdan started the war to destroy a realm, it backfired on Perdan, most of EC wanted to destroy Perdan in-exchange, but Eppy stood up for Perdan's survival once Perdan decided to not fight to the last man and actually negotiate. Perdan itself proposed giving up the Duchy of Perdan and all claims on it for all time, which was deemed as ironically fitting within Perdan considering how Perdan had stolen Eponllyn's capital by first getting a duke to secede from Eponllyn to form a Perleone in Al Arab/Ibladesh, and then conquering Al Arab/Ibladesh in a brutal looting campaign, forcing Eponllyn to sign a treaty that permanently gave up our claims on our homelands and forced us out of them. Additionally ironic as Perleone was initially populated by Westmoorians, whose realm/city was also destroyed in Perdan's War to Destroy Eponllyn in Oligarch, and further populated by more Westmoorians, creating a situation of Eponllyn occupying Perdan and Westmoor homelands while Perdan/Westmoor occupied Eponllyn's homeland.

Yeah, Oligarch stood by Eponllyn by giving up Duchy of Perdan lands(due to Duke Jeroen changing allegiance) to Perdan.
And did not Oligarch ask for Krimml city from Sirion in order to halt their war with Sirion to help Eponllyn?
So "nice" of Oligarch till all its neighbors want attack it :P
I think Gabanus was referring to diplomatic support previous to those events, when Garin was still around and probably before even Perdan looted Eponllyn. But yes, Oligarch did abandon Eponllyn/Jeroen/Perdan Duchy because Sirion did not give in to Oligarch demanding Krimml to have a ceasefire and unite against Perdan/Vix.

Zakilevo

« Reply #82: July 08, 2016, 06:08:55 AM »
Heh saving enemies. Never a wise idea :D

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #83: July 08, 2016, 06:13:29 AM »
For a time, Perdan-Eponllyn were friendly. Eponllyn was ready to defend them from Vix in a civil war. Then they suddenly wanted nothing to do with us, had a very friendly war with Vix as if they were all best mates on a hunting trip, and went back to their old selves. All the while spouting the same rhetoric we had been saying all along, but acting like their same old selves. We respectfully stay out of their war and get our own war. Then they both insert themselves into our war and end it before it barely gets started. They come at us for a simple battles-only war over passage rights. Then they break every agreement they made with us and destroy us. Such is Perdan.

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #84: July 08, 2016, 06:16:35 AM »

where on these forums have you seen a perdan player use these kinds of inappropriate insults.

you haven't.

ic actions are ic actions, if you dont like them address it ic.
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #85: July 08, 2016, 10:11:57 AM »
What about a reset of the whole continent, with new realms everywhere with a few lands. And every player currently on it, gets distributed randomly in any of these realms across the continent.

No more history, no more fighting over who has done or said what ten thousand years ago.

Now that would sound nice.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Victor C

• Noble Lord
  • I didn't know what to write here, so I wrote this.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86: July 08, 2016, 10:27:41 AM »
What about a reset of the whole continent, with new realms everywhere with a few lands. And every player currently on it, gets distributed randomly in any of these realms across the continent.

No more history, no more fighting over who has done or said what ten thousand years ago.

That would be nice. I can see it in my head... a world starting from diplomatic scratch. It would be a massive reach for power in the beginning, everyone would be fighting... no rules set by past, no people hunted for holding their flag... just a huge fight for power. Just like it was supposed to be from the beginning... From the crossroads of war, sprouts people fed up with the crooked ways of their king, so they say "I want to be a king too!" So off they go, to make realms, struggling to truly be accepted as a sovereign realm. Creating another circle of war to prove their own power.

Oh no... what is this I see... oh dear... I feared it would come! Hide me please! It is the people who don't like change! No, stay away ! Please don't do this... it's for the good of the game! What? "Don't tell me how to play?" But! It'll make the game fun! "You ruined MY game". No! Can't you just allow us to try something new?! "NO! How dare you be so selfish!". But... but... okay :c
"The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things." - Ronald Reagan

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87: July 08, 2016, 10:49:30 AM »

I hate it. I think there should be island with thing like that, but one of the beauty and uglyness of these old islands are the old cultures and history and ancient disputes... if you dont like it, leave the island. One reason why i hated so much sinking of Atamara was that all the awesome cultures and history was destroyed.

I think people just need to give up if they dont enjoy some island/realm. Let those play who enjoy... most vocal Atamara sinkers were those who didnt play there.

It would be real nice to have island which would reset, lets say every year, or every 2nd year for set date. Everything lost, every char deleted... fresh start next day :) Mayby RC's and infra would stay, but all chars and realms deleted. And mayby even so that no family names, it would be totally separated from other game... a bit like war island is now, but it would just end even if there is no "winner". Mayby add some sort of realm score system? Realm with highest score at the set date will win :P
~Violence is always an option!~

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #88: July 08, 2016, 11:40:35 AM »
Let me be clear that I do enjoy playing on EC, very much even.

I just see so much bickering about history and who did what wrong on these forums that I was thinking about the suggestion I made. I agree with Jaune that those that do not enjoy playing, could join another continent. And I'm rather sure they will, too. Maybe some people just like to be right on these forums all the time.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Chamberlain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #89: July 08, 2016, 12:10:21 PM »
History is written by the victors... isnt that the quote... just happens in BM there aren't supposed to be victors, there is supposed to be evolution, realms die things change.

EC is a stagnant pool, Atamara as much as some, (generally long term players), loved it, was the same.  Stagnant pools start to stink.

I am no lover of Perdan as a concept, but in reality at least they try something different.  What I find sad in the Eponllyn situation is that, as I have said, they were a realm not afraid to be individuals who are now falling into the block... that said once Oligarch is done and Eponllyn can re-establlish maybe they will be able to re-establish that independence... Not that I am giving up on Oligarch yet!!

If we are going to rake over the last war I would also say that Eponllyn were not the drivers for peace with Perdan... they got on board before Sirion, but it was Nivemus who pushed for peace, as I'm sure you will remember Vita, Catherine was slated and slandered for not wanting to crush Perdan from many sides including many of the more actives of Eponllyn, so please don't try to make out that you were such a generous realm pushing to give them peace. Garin got that a dead Perdan left no counter weight to Sirion so came on board, but he certainly didn't instigate.

Whats more it was well known the minute that deal was signed ensured that there would be a war between Eponllyn and Perdan at some stage, they would never accept the loss of their namesake city.  War is a healthy aspect of the game, its just a shame everything degenerates into mis-matched gang bangs, but I guess this is quite reflective of the real world too.  Eponllyns decline is regrettable on many levels, hell if they weren't as they are now, we would most likely only be fighting Sirion and Shadowdale,  but it is part of the game. 

You are entitled to bitterness, you are entitled to point fingers and shout betrayal, puppet, selfish whatever you like, but in the end dust off and move on, I might be doing the same in the weeks to come.

For me Eponllyn's degradation and the likely death of Oligarch will be the death of all independence in the North, but I pray to St Jude and can only hope things might change.