Author Topic: Taxing Religions/Secret Societies  (Read 39133 times)

Stue (DC)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Taxing Religions/Secret Societies
« Reply #60: September 14, 2011, 04:48:54 PM »
before, i was sending many complaints on how current religious situation has become unfun, and when I hear that new burden will be imposed to religion, i can only think of religious fall, in all realms but theocracies.

personally i simply cannot accept that level 3 temple, with top fof 7500 followers, having exactly 7500 followers produces -10 gold per week, temples that did not reach their peak not to mention. how that can be balance? and additional taxing looks as nightmare...

i daresay, if some temples have become banks, the reason can be that religious people are forced into these financial issues so much that only people interested in financial stuff can actually run religions. how elders could be expected to develop spiritual agenda if they are pushed by game mechanics to run around temple treasuries all the time?

ordinary guilds are different stories, as they are anyhow reliant on lord's good will. the fun with religion can come from the fact that lords want to be diplomatic to prevailing religions in his region, rather than act as their master.

form first time i read about religion in wiki, i remember what was stated - religion game is the most intersting when religion overcome borders of realm structures, and singular realms. with many financial burdens on religions, that, the most interesting part of game is suffocated.

if there is issue of too much use of religion treasuries, here is on humble proposal:

- sacking of temples to be allowed without actual destroying or even damaging temples. Sacking to be allowed to each and every noble, no matter whether he is realm member, ally, neutral or enemy (similar to adventurer's arrests). that is potential for fun!