Author Topic: Fifth Invasion  (Read 437637 times)

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
Re: Fifth Invasion
« Reply #330: January 05, 2012, 03:08:01 AM »
The 5th invasion is seeming to be much, much more entertaining. Partly because we're actually working together and partly because the Daimons aren't godly-powerful. I mean, they are super-tough, but not undefeatable. If they successfully cut off the north and the south, I dunno if the south would make it though...
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #331: January 05, 2012, 11:39:50 AM »
Since the diplomacy screen is not blue across the board with a single cross of red corresponding to the Netherworld, that means there are still wacky openings galore to exploit. And woe unto the rabbits because Indirik pretty much revealed how the combat system works, generally, on the forums.

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #332: January 05, 2012, 11:57:45 AM »
Since the diplomacy screen is not blue across the board with a single cross of red corresponding to the Netherworld, that means there are still wacky openings galore to exploit. And woe unto the rabbits because Indirik pretty much revealed how the combat system works, generally, on the forums.

...you mean his post about how attackers and defenders are chosen? That's nothing new. Hell, any competent General has known that stuff for years.

If that's not what you mean, you are way underestimating the complexity of combat.
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #333: January 05, 2012, 05:05:20 PM »
Tom and his late moves  >:(
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #334: January 05, 2012, 08:12:31 PM »
Tom and his late moves  >:(

Please don't make accusations unless you know for a fact that they are true.

I don't intentionally make late moves.
But I don't let the game dictate my private life, and thus I play my turn whenever I happen to have time for it. Sometimes that's shortly after the turn (seldom on the full turn as that happens at 6 a.m. my time), more often it is a few hours after the turn. Rarely it is a few hours prior to the turn.

What I don't do is intentionally log in late.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #335: January 06, 2012, 12:20:05 AM »
Ooh ooh! I log in late when I don't have to worry about studying for exams! (Er...so that makes it like...maybe twice a month.)

Unfortunately my characters don't benefit from doing late turn stuff anyway. So I just get some sleep nowadays. Yay.

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #336: January 06, 2012, 11:17:24 AM »
If a big Daimon army is in the region next to you, probably should be prepared for an attack regardless of what the scouts tell you rather than be surprised.

Now.. if only my realm actually scouted regularly so we know where the Daimons are....  :(

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #337: January 06, 2012, 12:24:00 PM »
Oh, you have no idea how hard I laughed when it turned out that everyone was looking for Nightfall of the East - who had been sitting still in a city and taking it over for days.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #338: January 06, 2012, 12:27:43 PM »
Yeah... Go Enweil!

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #339: January 06, 2012, 03:42:54 PM »
You know what we need? The Power Rangers!

Naidraug

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #340: January 06, 2012, 06:30:17 PM »
And Captain Planet...
Stryfe Family: Tristan - Heorot/ Scherzer - Nothoi / Finan - Caelum / Arya - Farronite Republic

Zakilevo

« Reply #341: January 06, 2012, 06:39:59 PM »
Well. Nightfall of the East was sitting in the city and I knew that. But all that new years crap and other stuff totally made me forget to tell other generals LOL. But I did say how many daimons were in the city. I mean if you count all the generals on the field, it is quite easy to see who is in where.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #342: January 06, 2012, 10:06:47 PM »
And Captain Planet...

Truncated Power Rangers! "Earth! Fire! Wind! Agua! Gall bladder!"

Tan dSerrai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #343: January 07, 2012, 12:39:50 AM »
Zakilevo (the following is all OOC):
Nah, you did list  /all/ known daimon generals including position and strength (perfect work so far) - except for NF of the East (in Fheuvenem). Sassan kept asking where that b***ard was because he knew he was missing....boy was Sassan pissed when he found out. Still, what's to expect of my 'know-it-all-and-get-on-most-peoples-nerves' young general?

All in all I am having a blast. There is just enough hope to turn this thing around to make these exertions justified...and the mechanics are more 'visible' (well, we did need 1st son to practically hit us over the head with information about the mechanics, but still...). Its awesome that /finally/ during an invasion humanity seems to work together. As player I think that the rituals will be breaking our back. Just too few portalstones around. I always thought that gathering 8 was just a bit too much. Heh. I still have no clue where or when or why rituals are started but I guess I'll find out.

What I find curious is that /no/ adventurer managed to contact sages or wizards to have a scroll of teleportation made. I did suggest it to all riombaran adventurers 2-3 times now. They found books of daimon banishing, a portal stone....but no scrolls. So far.

Ah, can't wait to see how this turns out. I'd /hate/ to have Beluaterra destroyed.

Zakilevo

« Reply #344: January 07, 2012, 01:28:16 AM »
Yeah the 5th invasion is so much better than the 4th one. Those little daimon priests are helping (though I don't think people trust them too much). I hope something big is coming. One thing I miss from the 4th invasion is those role plays posted by other non-human forces. They were entertaining to watch.