Author Topic: Fifth Invasion  (Read 437790 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Fifth Invasion
« Reply #780: February 29, 2012, 01:55:05 PM »
Lets be honest here. Can anyone remember Rio-Enweili relations consisting of anything except deep suspision and outright hatred?

Yes, resentful cooperation.

Thank god Hvrek gave me all I needed to stop pursuing that path.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #781: February 29, 2012, 01:57:06 PM »
Meh, we were quite happy to help Enweil against the daimons and I think Enweil was quite happy to have us.

Until of course Hvrek came along.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #782: February 29, 2012, 01:58:28 PM »
And now the South is all divided :P

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #783: February 29, 2012, 01:59:35 PM »
Meh, we were quite happy to help Enweil against the daimons and I think Enweil was quite happy to have us.

Until of course Hvrek came along.

Precisely.

I mean, I cancelled the hatred declaration on Sint. That took a lot from Guillaume. I did it for the sake of pooling efforts to survive the invasion (which too many characters either seem to not care about or take for granted).

Now, though, I'm thinking about declared hatred on Rio instead.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Calanar

• Knight
  • Harbinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #784: February 29, 2012, 03:57:23 PM »
Tom, I just want to say congratulations. With this recent event in Enweil, I have even less of a clue as to what's happening in Beluaterra. I think my head hurts... :P
"The first requisite for success is to develop the ability to focus and apply your mental and physical energies to the problem at hand [...]" - Thomas Edison

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #785: February 29, 2012, 04:01:54 PM »
Enweilios was unblighted by one of the sons. So, either the goal should be to have the sons "help" us (which is unlikely since they've already shown their treacherous nature) or the fact that the sons could possibly have some sort of "artifacts" that can unblight regions. The later seems more logical to me.
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #786: February 29, 2012, 04:29:57 PM »
Well according to Enweil, he did it only because Enweil agreed to allow daimon worship to be preached anywhere in Enweil without restriction. This suggests that Overlord gains something from having human worshippers.

Also, anyone see those very interesting scout reports of Weghie? There are three daimon commanders in there raising armies of *peasants*. 'Women and Children', 'Martyrs', etc.

Naidraug

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #787: February 29, 2012, 04:50:07 PM »
Must be something to affect morale of our men, or with the current loses Overlord suffered, he doesn't have enough strength to summon more daimons
Stryfe Family: Tristan - Heorot/ Scherzer - Nothoi / Finan - Caelum / Arya - Farronite Republic

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #788: February 29, 2012, 05:28:28 PM »
Those must be those followers he can raise.

Enweil also had to raise relations to Neutral.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #789: February 29, 2012, 08:42:40 PM »
probably fwuvoghor will see something similar and get to expand westwards?
firefox

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #790: February 29, 2012, 11:34:32 PM »
probably fwuvoghor will see something similar and get to expand westwards?

If Fwuvoghor gets a simlar deal and doesn't get crushed by its neighbours.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #791: March 01, 2012, 12:02:13 AM »

Or until it turns out that letting the Daimon religion gain sway is even worse then the blight. Might just be me but if anyone at all linked to Overlord was offering to remove the blight, I would be very suspicious of what they ask for in return.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #792: March 01, 2012, 12:03:24 AM »

Which it promptly will unless the daimons show up to bail it out.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #793: March 01, 2012, 02:54:31 AM »
Or until it turns out that letting the Daimon religion gain sway is even worse then the blight. Might just be me but if anyone at all linked to Overlord was offering to remove the blight, I would be very suspicious of what they ask for in return.

Nothing is worse than getting beaten by Riombara.

And since Riombara was starting to annex Enweil's old lands, well... The means tend to justify the ends.

Fighting to prevent regions from getting blighted is one thing. Then getting backstabbed by your neighbor who then promptly seeks to annex your lost lands... Whole other game.

Guillaume, for one, was reluctantly willing to cooperate with Rio to defeat the daimons. Thanks to Hvrek, and the Riombarans who never stepped up to him until he appointed himself to a region, he couldn't care less about the daimons today. I'm getting a feeling that anti-Rio resent is probably pretty strong in Enweil today, but that's more of a hunch than anything.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #794: March 01, 2012, 03:01:55 AM »
Nothing is worse than getting beaten by Riombara.

And since Riombara was starting to annex Enweil's old lands, well... The means tend to justify the ends.

Fighting to prevent regions from getting blighted is one thing. Then getting backstabbed by your neighbor who then promptly seeks to annex your lost lands... Whole other game.

Guillaume, for one, was reluctantly willing to cooperate with Rio to defeat the daimons. Thanks to Hvrek, and the Riombarans who never stepped up to him until he appointed himself to a region, he couldn't care less about the daimons today. I'm getting a feeling that anti-Rio resent is probably pretty strong in Enweil today, but that's more of a hunch than anything.

And if you find that the Priest are able to quickly convert the regions to Daimon Worship, and it turns out that is just another way to spread the blight, resulting in the blight spreading to not only the city you just reclaimed, but all the other regions as well will the end justify the means, particularly if all that happens before anyone is able to defeat Rio?
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.