Author Topic: Fifth Invasion  (Read 437909 times)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: Fifth Invasion
« Reply #1050: March 26, 2012, 12:41:27 PM »
OOC reaons. Don't want to ruin the fun for anyone. Though I've been tempted to use the deportation button a few times, especially when I had government members in my custody.

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051: March 26, 2012, 12:45:58 PM »
This whole invasion feels way to soft.
If only there was an IC reason to not  kill nobles. Like persuade captured noble to join netherworld and give them some strong units  to crush their former realms with.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052: March 26, 2012, 02:11:26 PM »
A lot of people pay the ransom as quickly as possible, though.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053: March 26, 2012, 02:12:40 PM »
Also, seems like we lost control of blighted regions?

Army got dissolved (without notice), can't check the region page anymore, and lordship options no longer appear under command.

But there was never a takeover.

:(
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054: March 26, 2012, 03:40:33 PM »
This whole invasion feels way to soft.
If only there was an IC reason to not  kill nobles. Like persuade captured noble to join netherworld and give them some strong units  to crush their former realms with.

Well, he does torture everyone he gets his hands on, and IC some people believe that he uses the fear of his victims for some sort of sinister arcane purpose. If it's fear he feeds on, killing people would be counter-productive, wouldn't it?

Either way, considering how upset some people (Chenier) got over the mortality experiment in the last Invasion, I think it's just as well that Overlord isn't devouring every character he gets his hands on. I know I would be a bit unhappy if my non-hero character got killed because I got unlucky enough to get captured in a battle. He's one of my oldest characters, and I'm far from done having fun with him.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #1055: March 26, 2012, 04:00:45 PM »
But there was never a takeover.

So let me get this straight: For all you know, the region is permanently lost to a dark, impenetrable cloud of poisonous fog, almost everyone there is dead or worse, and you get neither gold nor food nor even reports from it anymore...

...and your complaint is that the Daimons never sent someone there with a flag to plant on top of the city gate?

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056: March 26, 2012, 04:28:48 PM »
So let me get this straight: For all you know, the region is permanently lost to a dark, impenetrable cloud of poisonous fog, almost everyone there is dead or worse, and you get neither gold nor food nor even reports from it anymore...

...and your complaint is that the Daimons never sent someone there with a flag to plant on top of the city gate?

It makes sense, but this is not the way it had worked before (see:Enweilios).
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057: March 26, 2012, 06:33:54 PM »
Movement in the Blight   (10 minutes ago)
As night approaches, your servants report that the edges of the Blight appear to be moving. It is hard to make out details, but they are scared.

This wasn't a continent-wide event though, but many seem to have received it.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058: March 26, 2012, 08:16:06 PM »
The Northern Regions bordering a Blighted region are now 'half-dark'. Seems like some mass-Blighting might happen soon.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059: March 26, 2012, 08:44:34 PM »
WHAT IS HAPPENING!!

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060: March 26, 2012, 08:49:51 PM »
Doom! DOOM!

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061: March 26, 2012, 09:00:44 PM »
Arrows+Sun=Fight in the shade.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062: March 27, 2012, 01:39:14 AM »

But I did get some reports. Most importantly, though, I had the title of lord (giving me voting rights in our political system) and duke (giving me feudal rights over lordships). The region producing no income was an inconvenient, sure, but still. I was getting reports, and then all of a sudden I'm not lord with no notices about it.

Well, he does torture everyone he gets his hands on, and IC some people believe that he uses the fear of his victims for some sort of sinister arcane purpose. If it's fear he feeds on, killing people would be counter-productive, wouldn't it?

Either way, considering how upset some people (Chenier) got over the mortality experiment in the last Invasion, I think it's just as well that Overlord isn't devouring every character he gets his hands on. I know I would be a bit unhappy if my non-hero character got killed because I got unlucky enough to get captured in a battle. He's one of my oldest characters, and I'm far from done having fun with him.

I'd be ready to accept mortality back when things get hopeless. Right now, they are just bleak. Imo, mortality should follow despair, not cause it. It should only come when it is blatantly obvious that BT is lost and that we are fighting the last few final battles.

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063: March 27, 2012, 07:20:29 AM »
In invasion news:

Overlord teleported to Xhahgus from Bisana. 12th Son appeared as well. I assume 12th Son cast the spell to teleport Overlord.

The Daimons also built a Daimon worship temple in Xhahgus. 

Yorkie

• Peasant
  • The Force is my guide, it helps me find pizza.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064: March 27, 2012, 11:04:59 AM »
Its around this time that I really wish I wasn't so hard on adventurers when I was around breaking things in the last like three wars.

I really want a magic scroll so I can blow one of my characters up while yelling "SCHZAM!"