Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Werewolf Forum Game, General Discussion

Started by Barek (jerm), August 23, 2012, 09:55:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fury

I'm starting to think a better substitution rule would be to substitute if you do not post anything within a certain time frame (1 day?) rather than not voting (with the clause being only 1/2 vote skips allowed). Would basically achieve the same thing but:

• encourage posting and
  • not lying low and
  • help the games last longer.

Also, more power to those who vote then. Or new strategy: good guys don't vote. Wait for bad guys to vote and 'reveal' themselves. Bad guys now have to rely on hunting more (?)

Velax

I'm finding the Sleeper roles aren't really doing much. Games just don't seem to last long enough for a Sleeper to be successfully scanned and then attached. The Cursed and Susceptible traits seem to be working more, because they just work when someone gets attacked.

Indirik

Yeah, you'd have to have a long game for sleepers to actually be recruited successfully.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Ketchum

Kinda hard if we go along with Unattached Sleepers, Cultist at the start of the game. If we put them as Attached at the start, it may overpower the bad guys. Gotta find some balance inbetween~~
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

D'Espana

The main issue is number of people playing. More players? Sleepers come in handy. The same ten guys over and over again? Well, not that much.
D'Espana Family

Ketchum

Quote from: D'Espana on September 24, 2012, 06:56:10 PM
The main issue is number of people playing. More players? Sleepers come in handy. The same ten guys over and over again? Well, not that much.
I am thinking this idea.

How about we make the unattached Cultists/Sleeper at the start of game yes? But they get to know one person name from one pack(if we have 2 packs). But the other pack does not know their Cultist or rather does not trust them. This way, Good guys can pretend to be bad guy, the unattached Cultist. And unattached Cultist/Sleeper get to get in pack quickly.

Kind of balance trade off between good and bad sides, isn't it? ::)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).

Sonya

We have to try and set the games to avoid Weekends, i can swear forever that i can be on on weekends, but some times unpredictable things happens.

I have 2 Weekend failures in a row, so we should avoid it.

Lefanis

Requesting another Fury hosted game.   ;D
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Cren

Don't worry over the end of Supernatural: The Hunt. As I have given the clue, "Supernatural II: The Breed" would start soon, featuring a direct sequel , picking up the story from where part I ends, the surviving characters get some advantage, completely new rules. Enjoy!
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

D'Espana

Sweet! I shall made those bastards pay for killing me... MUAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
D'Espana Family

Ketchum

There is a sequel? I am so excited.... and worry at same time. We wont have same role again, right? If not, I think the bad guys gonna kill me early this time. I do prefer Cursed so that one moment I help good guys, one moment I help bad guys. Hint, hint ;D

D'Espana... Go kill Lefanis, he kills you, not me :P

About Sonya suggestion to avoid set games at Weekends. We put up the Game Starting DateTime in advance, if any of us cannot make it, then do not sign up ;) Or alternatively we could have Game started on Weekdays and hopefully do not stretch until weekend.

Fury

Quote from: Lefanis on September 26, 2012, 06:32:53 PM
Requesting another Fury hosted game.   ;D
Guess I better book in a slot for Werewolf X before someone else takes it  :)

Fury

Here are some ideas (first night only): 8)

1st person to post: Immunity from Attacks AND Lynches
2nd person to post: Immunity from Attacks
3rd person to post: Immunity from Lynches
4th person to post: Minus 2 votes from his own lynch vote count
5th person to post: Minus 1 vote from his own lynch vote count

Ketchum

Quote from: Fury on October 05, 2012, 03:02:00 AM

Incentive reward for the active players?
I like it :)

D'Espana

Quote from: Fury on October 05, 2012, 03:02:00 AM

Perhaps I would like it more if we all lived in same place and had the same chance to be able to access this, but given that not everyone has the same time or is online at BM turns, I think it could be a little bit unfair...

But hey, I'm not the GM, so do it if you feel like so  :P
D'Espana Family