Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 552773 times)

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #840: December 14, 2012, 01:14:42 AM »
It is the Royaliste Campagne de L'armée rather than the "Grandiose Armée" which I think should be Grande Armée anyway, and never ever ever IC call us "Aurvandilian" it won't go down well, at best we tolerate Aurvandilan, but we expect to be called Orvandeaux.

But it means, that whilst Mendicant said he was happy to hand them over, I was rather glad the Veinsormoot didn't make me live up to that obligation. It would have been... inconvenient.

Please excuse me if I rather to use (ever ever ever) "Aurvandilian" in this forum. I think you don't, but I like to write as a player rather than a character. I think you have used some much more disrespectful words to talk about the realm my character is from. Moreover, some other of your realm-mates compared Aurvandil with Rome, and Dwilight as its Carthague; I think you don't need another player to compare you with nothing less than the mighty army of Napoleon. You can do it yourself if you like. And as far as I know, "grandiose" is a correctly written French word.  :D

What does "Royaliste Campagne de l'Armée" mean? Royal Campaign of the Army? Maybe I'm wrong, but "Armée Royaliste de Campagne" maybe fits better if you call that the army, rather than a certain campaign in a war.

Regarding the devolution of the regions, I think Aurvandilians found a candy that just came free. I find a little bit inconsistent the IC argument you used however. If you like to play Mendicant arrogant and disdainful towards anything out of the Mendicontinent, I'd expect him to just don't care about what a neighbour realm does with its government. You have called Barcans "the most servile people", "poor third world realm"... but some of them deserve your mercy if you can impose the changes you want in their politics.

About the bounty on Mendicant's head, I'm not sure but I think last time I saw it, there were about 900 gold coins on it. I'm sure it was a good amount, so I guess not just Barcans (if the first bounty was put by some of them) would like to see Mendicant's head on a silver bowl. It's not so bad, just another kind of notoriety that you like to feed as it seems.

In conclusion, I guess you could keep by force those regions, so you kept them. You did well, they resulted to be indispensable as your regions were "god awful producers of barely anything". Anyway a very important part in this game is about intrigue, propaganda, etc. so you invented an IC argument that could show Aurvandilians' power over another realm apart from military issues. That match with your taste for humiliation. Perfectly acceptable, but in my opinion even a little bit rude.