Poll

Who will win?

Melhed
11 (19.6%)
Thalmarkin
45 (80.4%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Author Topic: The War of Ice and Sun  (Read 130975 times)

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
Re: The War of Ice and Sun
« Reply #405: June 11, 2013, 01:28:38 AM »
Yeah, I agree, going for Vore sounds nice on paper but the practicality of it was highly suspect. We'd lose a ton of strength pushing through Qual's fortificatons and militia, and once we got there, we'd be cut off from a retreat, or would go south through Fronen and risk pissing off the 'neutral' republic on our border.

As for Vore, maybe Enzo has the right of it; I dunno. We often butted heads over strategy, though I like to think we made a pretty good team. Thankfully the other marshal wasn't near as insubordinate as I was.

On the note of Fronen, did Thal make some overtures to them to get them involved or keep them out? Maya tried to get them to declare on Thal in the late-game but they didn't seem to be interested, even though she offered up Fronepu if Melhed somehow got Unger.

Really? WOW. I can only guess that it was Fingolfin's legendary silver tongue that kept that bargain from working. I know they wanted to jump on the Thal bandwagon but we had to beat them off with sticks (Hehe beat them off).
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.