Poll

Who will win?

Melhed
11 (19.6%)
Thalmarkin
45 (80.4%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Author Topic: The War of Ice and Sun  (Read 131065 times)

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
Re: The War of Ice and Sun
« Reply #405: June 11, 2013, 04:22:00 AM »
Of course, Thalmarkin having near 50 active nobles made a difference. I am certainly not faulting them for it, but I am looking forward to seeing ideas on how I could truly have fought them effectively, too.

Really don't think I could've put up a better defense than you did, but then again I'm a constant promoter of the Eagles of Hope being the best army in all the lands. Being on the business end of them would be terrifying. Most of the big mash-ups we had were Eagles rolling with a few support units from the Wolves. If you had the numbers advantage in a particular brawl, it was probably just the Eagles, like our merry chase past Fronepu and Mhed.

I still think shooting straight for Vore in a cohesive manner would've wreaked havoc. Yes, you would've paid a huge price for it, but you paid a huge price every time you fought us on your own land too. Maybe start by really sticking it to Qual, tearing down the grandfathered Palisades there to smooth the way for a bigger strike force. I dunno.

Sacking our badlands regions did about jack though. They were still busted up from the invasion, and Sandefur didn't even have walls or militia. We have rurals that produce more gold than that; it's basically the Cuidado Juarez of Thalmarkin.

You had really good refit times and did a great job of stopping us from pressing our advantages too far. Nobody can say you didn't fight well, and any strategies at this point are just clear in hindsight.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.