Author Topic: Image BM community gives to players via forums, it is horrible...  (Read 25765 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
You know, this may very well be a partial consequence of the Magistrate system... I think the predisposition to abuse it is there on the part of some people, but the public nature of the Magistrate system may also encourage it to some extent as its far more visible than the Titan system ever was.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. Which is also what I said when the switch over to the Magistrates was being debated.

I'd also note that I think the BM player population has changed. It seems to me our average age has gone up as the game's complexity and seriousness has risen.

I'll also say: I think some of the problem with the forum is that people don't use the ignore feature enough. I ignored Glaumring (or whatever his username is now) months ago after I felt like everything he said just ticked me off, and it's been a great decision. I don't mean that as a dig at Glaumring: I'm not even sure the problem was really him, it may well have been me. It's just that I needed to create space. I think many players would benefit from using the ignore feature on players they persistently find themselves hostile with.

Also, soapbox: people should work to avoid always playing with the same people all the time creating game-wide factions.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner