Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 560808 times)

wraith

• Knight
  • Da Hadez Family
    • View Profile
Re: The Current War
« Reply #90: March 16, 2011, 05:03:05 AM »
Oh, we know that this war is fun. It's the most fun I've had on AT since I burned down Brackhead. I had fun with that, but Norland had !!Fun!!. This fun promises to last a lot longer than that. And I don't have to listen to Norlanders. (Well, not much...)

Bravo. I can't speak for Norland but as someone very heavily involved in it (albeit on the losing side) I had a ball.

The original Norland/MI war was started by.. um.. certain individuals.. in Norland (essentially OOC but with solid IC justification) because AT had stagnated and it snowballed from there. Sure it could have ended better for Norland but anyone playing with the right mentality would have had fun and losing is the risk of participating. There were great battles, epic RPs, betrayals, power-brokering, chaos, mayhem, blood, land, gold, glory and interesting times for all. It certainly shook up northeast AT the way I hope the current war will shake up the whole continent (wars are fertile.. they have children) and was some of the most fun I have had in BM.

The reason it was fun was because for a long time there was risk, action and uncertainty for those who got properly involved. While it is natural to shy away from these things when in positions of power sometimes you need to put the OOC hat on as a major player and say.. what the hell.. this will make things interesting, dynamic and fun.

As for not listening to Norlanders .. welllll.. the brother of the General who kicked the whole MI war off commands your homeland defense force and the Norland General who stood-up to the combined forces of Darka, BoM and Eston to the last (wo)man is now serving in your army. Who knows how the after-effects of that war have affected them? For better, worse or indifferent actions have consequences in BM which is, of course, the beauty of the game.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 05:09:20 AM by wraith »
"There are 11 kinds of people in the world; those who do not understand binary, those who think they understand binary and those who understand endianness."