Author Topic: The Current War  (Read 572938 times)

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Current War
« Reply #990: August 02, 2012, 04:39:39 AM »
Again, don't complain about Eston when Darka 1) refuses to change their stance on Talerium and 2) has been the single biggest barrier to big changes happening in both the war and the island's power structure. No offense, but KK's whole political stance on everything is "let's maintain the status quo." Which is understandable, it's pretty cushy for Darka. But I don't see why Darkans like to criticize Eston for it.

I don't particularly like Darka's set up with Talerium, but the way I see it, if Darka were to break the border treaty with Talerium, Darka would be forced to stay on the Western front, which would allow the Eastern front to get basically slaughtered considering that at least half of the strength that the Eastern Front puts out every campaign is Darkan. Also, Darka is still a mercenary realm. If they started attacking neighbors and breaking border treaties, they would never fight another mercenary war as long as they live, as no neighboring realm would trust them enough to use their lands to accomplish their mercenary goals.

Whereas if Eston attacks Coria, they don't really lose anything, but the Northern Alliance could gain something. Coria is on the breaking point on the Eastern front, and that is with Darka traveling close to a week there and back every campaign. If Eston and Darka had options to go either West or East in their attacks against Coria, Coria would be crushed. Without Coria, CE and Tara have no puppet to expand and then, essentially, have lost the war unless they make some extremely drastic changes.