Author Topic: Large Update Bugs and Breaks  (Read 74388 times)

megs

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Large Update Bugs and Breaks
« Reply #180: December 25, 2011, 08:26:10 AM »
In Atamara, today, when I cancelled movement and turned around, I got the following error, although the command worked fine, and I lost an hour from the turn:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Doctrine\ORM\EntityNotFoundException' with message 'Entity was not found.' in /var/battlemaster/include/Doctrine/Proxies/BattleMasterTravelProxy.php:32 Stack trace: #0 /var/battlemaster/include/Doctrine/Proxies/BattleMasterTravelProxy.php(53): BattleMaster\Proxies\BattleMasterTravelProxy->__load() #1 /var/battlemaster/include/xhtml.inc(337): BattleMaster\Proxies\BattleMasterTravelProxy->__call('getSpecial', Array) #2 /var/battlemaster/include/xhtml.inc(337): BattleMaster\Proxies\BattleMasterTravelProxy->getSpecial() #3 /var/battlemaster/live/stable/Turnaround.php(37): status() #4 {main} thrown in /var/battlemaster/include/Doctrine/Proxies/BattleMasterTravelProxy.php on line 32

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #181: December 25, 2011, 08:37:51 AM »
The Demolition Workshop has to shut down for today due to low production.
Production:       Thriving (100%)
firefox

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #182: December 25, 2011, 12:04:55 PM »
Huh.  There's another bug...The continent-wide reports when a TO succeeds are no longer being sent out.

Should be fixed now.

not sure if this is related, but "in realm" time did not reset for Kendal Forbes, who moved from Luri Nova to D'Hara. Kendal joined 12-16, according to family history, but it says 250 days in realm, which I think is time since joining Luri Nova.

Should also be fixed now, though it will remain for those affected so far.

The Demolition Workshop has to shut down for today due to low production.
Production:       Thriving (100%)

Yes, that's just bad text. Some buildings have a low chance to shut down even in perfect conditions. I'm not sure how to express that better. On the other hand, some buildings also have good chances to remain open even in horrible conditions.

In Atamara, today, when I cancelled movement and turned around, I got the following error, although the command worked fine, and I lost an hour from the turn:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Doctrine\ORM\EntityNotFoundException' with message 'Entity was not found.' in /var/battlemaster/include/Doctrine/Proxies/BattleMasterTravelProxy.php:32 Stack trace: #0 /var/battlemaster/include/Doctrine/Proxies/BattleMasterTravelProxy.php(53): BattleMaster\Proxies\BattleMasterTravelProxy->__load() #1 /var/battlemaster/include/xhtml.inc(337): BattleMaster\Proxies\BattleMasterTravelProxy->__call('getSpecial', Array) #2 /var/battlemaster/include/xhtml.inc(337): BattleMaster\Proxies\BattleMasterTravelProxy->getSpecial() #3 /var/battlemaster/live/stable/Turnaround.php(37): status() #4 {main} thrown in /var/battlemaster/include/Doctrine/Proxies/BattleMasterTravelProxy.php on line 32

Yes, I know about this error. It's caused by the bottom status bar being updated to the new code, but the rest of stable not. It is a cosmetic error only - everything else works just like it should, except that this error shows up.

egamma

« Reply #183: December 25, 2011, 05:47:33 PM »
Yes, that's just bad text. Some buildings have a low chance to shut down even in perfect conditions. I'm not sure how to express that better. On the other hand, some buildings also have good chances to remain open even in horrible conditions.

Can you set different flavor text for different buildings?

Maybe something like:
 "The scouts guild went out and got drunk last night."
"The demolitions workshop had a little...accident, and it will take a day to clean up."
"The healers were in a trance, devoid of thought, and forgot to start thinking again."

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #184: December 25, 2011, 06:19:43 PM »
Can you set different flavor text for different buildings?

There are already different texts, and their purpose is not flavour, but telling you what went wrong. Making it per-building would make that information disappear.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #185: December 25, 2011, 07:09:25 PM »
I think he means for the chance texts, since you yourself admitted that was bad text for what happened, in response to fodder's post.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #186: December 25, 2011, 07:33:45 PM »
depends on how many layers there are... do you distinguish a workshop that down tools because region production is crap and a workshop that down tools because it got hit by mr. RNG?
firefox

Vaylon Kenadell

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Vaylon's Website
« Reply #187: December 26, 2011, 06:27:00 AM »
Some buildings have a low chance to shut down even in perfect conditions.

This doesn't seem very conducive to fun. What if, for example, recruitment centers shut down for no reason, even though the region is in good condition?

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #188: December 26, 2011, 12:31:10 PM »
Sounds like management hell really. But it does give people something to do if they follow the trend of being wusses and not going off to battle. Of course, if they're not wusses and do battle, it also messes up their happy poo poo when their buildings decide to go die while on campaign even when they have kept their regions perfectly stable.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #189: December 26, 2011, 02:37:54 PM »
This doesn't seem very conducive to fun. What if, for example, recruitment centers shut down for no reason, even though the region is in good condition?

Well, you need to puzzle together everything said in this topic to get the whole picture:
  • region stats DO affect the likelihood of shutdown
  • some buildings can operate even with horrible region stats, some may shut down even with perfect region stats
  • the number of buildings affects the chances of shutting down
  • if you absolutely need 100% reliability, with enough buildings of the same type and good enough region stats, it can be done

megs

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #190: December 27, 2011, 10:15:47 AM »

Below you will find the daily report from Aegir, Dwilight

Regional Report for Aegir   (3 hours, 35 minutes ago)
message to the lord and knights of Aegir
The Sanguis Astroism worshippers support their lord, as he shares their faith.
Some people consider the tax rate as too high.
No new recruits finished training at the "Hyde's Elite" special forces recruitment center today.
The "Aegir's Plated Rangers" special forces recruitment center has the maximum amount of recruits ready and waiting (50 men).
The "Aegirs Heavy Archers" archers recruitment center has the maximum amount of recruits ready and waiting (50 men).
1 new Healers is ready. There are now 2 available.
The Workshop has to shut down for today due to insufficient production.
The Academy has to shut down for today because of insufficient administration.
In summary, production remains unchanged. It is now thriving.
In summary, peasant morale has dropped a little. It is now joyful.
In summary, loyalty to your realm remains unchanged. It is now enthralled.

A few remarks

1. No new recruits finished training at the "Hyde's Elite" special forces recruitment center today.
  This message has been showing for the last 4-5 days. I don't know how many recruits the center has, but if it the maximum, it should say so. if it is not, then an explanation would be useful.

2. The Workshop has to shut down for today due to insufficient production.
    In summary, production remains unchanged. It is now thriving.
I don't have to point the contradiction. Please correct the either the code or the flavour text.

3. The Academy has to shut down for today because of insufficient administration.
I know this has been brought up, but it is happening kind of VERY often. Maybe the chances should be tweaked a little bit.
Aegir has Cartbuilders, Houses of Healing, Workshop, Academy, Weapon/Armour Smiths & Tournament Grounds.
It seams that every turn bad administration stops something.

Also in the new report, can you include also the number of carts, caravans, healers, scouts, etc, even if they are full? I know this didn't happen before, but it would be nice to have this.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #191: December 27, 2011, 10:38:08 AM »
1. If it were full, it would say so. This message indicates there is still space. There can be many reasons, and the way the code works, it is impossible to point out a single one, as it is the combination that matters.

2. I've already changed the text to "insufficient". As I said multiple times, if you want to make sure, build more than one. That is how it is and how it has been working for years now. The only thing that's changed is that there are more messages.

3. Same thing. Build more than one.

Put this on the wiki if you feel it is insufficiently documented.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192: December 27, 2011, 06:22:10 PM »
I'm not to sure what the case is here, but I"ve never witnessed this before (despite having done it before), so I'm inclined to question whether it is a bug.

I just got 50 bonds (from the bank) on Dwilight. I then sent 25 bonds to someone. I now have only 20 bonds left. Deficit: 5 bonds. Rather screwy...

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #193: December 27, 2011, 07:41:43 PM »
1. If it were full, it would say so. This message indicates there is still space. There can be many reasons, and the way the code works, it is impossible to point out a single one, as it is the combination that matters.

2. I've already changed the text to "insufficient". As I said multiple times, if you want to make sure, build more than one. That is how it is and how it has been working for years now. The only thing that's changed is that there are more messages.

3. Same thing. Build more than one.

Put this on the wiki if you feel it is insufficiently documented.

The thing that is happening here is that there has been a sharp uptick, much more than usual, in how many of these chance shutdowns have occurred. Much more than should be the case in regions with excellent stats. At least have some flavour text that's a bit more fun than "insufficient", as this just makes things confusing. Also, the whole thing is logically unsound, as you would need more administration (or whatever the relevant stat is) to have two of the same building than one if we are being realistic.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #194: December 27, 2011, 07:45:23 PM »
The thing that is happening here is that there has been a sharp uptick, much more than usual, in how many of these chance shutdowns have occurred. Much more than should be the case in regions with excellent stats. At least have some flavour text that's a bit more fun than "insufficient", as this just makes things confusing. Also, the whole thing is logically unsound, as you would need more administration (or whatever the relevant stat is) to have two of the same building than one if we are being realistic.

I'm not trying to argue with you, I am trying to explain how the game works so you understand what to do in order to get the results you want.