Author Topic: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!  (Read 251590 times)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
Re: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!
« Reply #285: March 31, 2011, 07:04:47 PM »
I think Madina was able to send forces up there, but not much and they would only loot isolated regions, or perhaps offer some assistance.
We did it before.... (Madina colonized Eibuld from which Cearwyn formed).
The question was if it really made a difference? :P
That doesn't really mather for Madina as they like looting and missed it alot :P
But now we don't have to cross the entire inner sea to burn some bodies and rape some helpless women while we steal there rum n ale.
Yeaj!

Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #286: March 31, 2011, 08:14:26 PM »

Why not? We've already been accused of trying it.

I think there is an an Astroist who is a lord in that realm already.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #287: March 31, 2011, 09:44:28 PM »
Yes, but his attitude about SA isn't much different from that of his countrymen from what I can see.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #288: April 01, 2011, 12:00:58 AM »
Why not? We've already been accused of trying it.

See!! They're crazy! Planning to take over Madina now! Everyone nuke 'em!! :o :o :o
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #289: April 01, 2011, 12:22:53 AM »
Funny. He apparently thinks Madina is greedy. Meh, really.

I think he just thinks my character is greedy: "50 gold per 100 bushels of food! Why? Because I need a new golden seat, the old one got a smudge on it!"

But yeah, this is going to be a fairly quick war. The army had already geared up to retake Madina city, so we've got a massive army ready to swoop in and take their capital (since it's only a quick boat ride away...). Shame really, surrounding Madina with realms would certainly make for some interesting politics if we ever got back to wanting to expand a bit more.

Without nobles, Madina will probably just end up letting Candiels et al go rogue. But the "if we can't have it, they can't have it" attitude will probably take over, so we have to take it back from them :P

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #290: April 01, 2011, 08:50:01 AM »
The army had already geared up to retake Madina city, so we've got a massive army ready to swoop in and take their capital (since it's only a quick boat ride away...).

Forgive me if I'm skeptical of this.

Madina couldn't put together a massive army and launch an invasion with it if they were handed 15,000 CS on a platter. As it is, you are attempting to launch an invasion across what I assume to be a 12+ hour journey, and your entire realm has only 6,000 CS. I assume Candiels has some kind of walls.

You may win, but I have a hard time believing Madina possesses any massive army, or that it will defeat Auvrandil so easily. My main memories of Madina consist of them failing to garrison Paisly, attempts to use infiltrators to eliminate armies, and three successive whole-realm invasion attempts against Paisly in a row defeated by Terran's special tasks army.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #291: April 01, 2011, 10:00:02 AM »
You may win, but I have a hard time believing Madina possesses any massive army

It's all relative, darling :P

If our previous armies were around 2k CS, then 6k CS is massive, right? :D

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #292: April 01, 2011, 06:36:49 PM »
Lets say in comparison with Barca Madina has a massive army. Then again, how should we verbalize the armies of Caerwyn or Astrum? Supreme?

And I must agree with Vellos, I don't think it will be easy for Madina to invade Candiels. However, with the right amount of pressure, you could make the realm fall to rogue forces. But that would also mean that you make it harder and harder for yourselves to hold on to the regions you have at the moment.

Personally, I hope you will settle for peace. I'd rather see the south colonized than allowing the Duchy of Candiels to be taken by monsters.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #293: April 01, 2011, 06:50:15 PM »
However, with the right amount of pressure, you could make the realm fall to rogue forces. But that would also mean that you make it harder and harder for yourselves to hold on to the regions you have at the moment.

Absolutely; I agree that Madina can probably beat Candiels in a war. I just don't think it'll be as easy as the Madinans think.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #294: April 01, 2011, 06:51:42 PM »
Lets say in comparison with Barca Madina has a massive army. Then again, how should we verbalize the armies of Caerwyn or Astrum? Supreme?

And I must agree with Vellos, I don't think it will be easy for Madina to invade Candiels. However, with the right amount of pressure, you could make the realm fall to rogue forces. But that would also mean that you make it harder and harder for yourselves to hold on to the regions you have at the moment.

Personally, I hope you will settle for peace. I'd rather see the south colonized than allowing the Duchy of Candiels to be taken by monsters.

The plan was to colonize it until these guys split off, they didn't made much friends by doing so, there are lots of other claim holders to the city.
I don't think there will be any other way.

Eventually i'd love to see the whole marocidens ocupied by small realms, would be fun!

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #295: April 02, 2011, 07:00:09 PM »
And yet you declare war on said small realm as soon as it is formed...

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #296: April 02, 2011, 08:24:47 PM »
And yet you declare war on said small realm as soon as it is formed...

no i didn't, my character did... remember there fictional characters?  :P

my character doesn't care about all that!

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #297: April 02, 2011, 08:55:15 PM »
I was being sarcastic, of course it makes sense IC. It's cool that Pian en Luries is getting along with its secessionist realm.

Silverfire

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #298: April 02, 2011, 10:00:35 PM »
I was being sarcastic, of course it makes sense IC. It's cool that Pian en Luries is getting along with its secessionist realm.

The secession had nothing to do with hating the rest of the realm. It was all about a single ruler and her pet. (Please excuse the IC reference here)

Anyway, it makes perfect IC sense for them to get along. Although I'd rather have it reunite into one realm again.

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #299: April 04, 2011, 03:32:47 AM »
It's cool that Pian en Luries is getting along with its secessionist realm.

Well your be in for a few surprises within the next few months  ;) Whats all this talk of Secessionist huh?
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries